What's new

4711 at $9.99...Not!

Folks,

Here in the New England area etc we have a chain of stores known as the "Christmas Tree Shops". They are a more upscale version of the "Dollar Stores". To their credit they have great selection and price.

While shopping yesterday I saw a 400ml-13.5oz bottle of 4711 for $9.99 USD. So at that price I figure I'll give it a try. When I got home I saw on the receipt that the store charged me $16.99. Went back today and pointed out the $9.99 shelf tag to the manager and she gladly refunded the difference. The cashier later told me the price is $16.99 and someone mistakenly marked it wrong. So I got got a great price and great customer service.

As for 4711, it seems to be a fair to good casual warm weather cologne.

However, the glass bottle is great. I'm thinking :shifty: of using it later to store other AS or Colognes in place of those lousy plastic bottles we have to live with.

David

How long does it last on you? I'm afraid to try it as so many have said it lasts about half an hour to a couple of hours only...

How long does it last on you? I'm afraid to try it as so many have said it lasts about half an hour to a couple of hours only...

You get a bucket of the stuff, so it helps if you think of it as a tonic, a pick-me up from the refrigerator, rather than a classic department store-type cologne.

FWIW, the rules for 4711 are different than for other more modern colognes. Get it, enjoy it, throw it around, but don't expect it to function like a modern cologne in terms of sillage and longevity. You will enjoy it a lot more.

I found some of this at one of those perfumemania store, and it was 5 dollars. Also they had a huge tabac cologne bottle for 15. That thing must have been like 10oz.

Hi David. Good score. I wish I liked 4711. I found some of this stuff in Omaha Nebraska at a Gordon's. It was about a litre in size for less than twenty bucks. They had other sizes too. Even a tester. Figuring this was a slam dunk for me I splashed on some from the tester. Wow. What a major disappointment. It smelled cheap and synthetic. It had a harsh, almost acrid citrus scent to it that I did not care for at all. I have since found that most of the classic eau de colognes hit me the same way. I am much fonder of eau de portuagal with it's orange citrus scents. I don't know where all that has anything to do with your posting but anyroad, great score. I hope you like it because it really is a bargain.

Regards,Todd

Top Bottom