What's new

The "new' Inside the NFL...what BS!

As last season ended I, like many of you I suspect, was shocked and saddened to see INFL abruptly pulled from HBO. What a fantastic weekly wrap up show it was. The gold standard IMO; it far surpassed anything on ESPN or the myriad other sports channels out there. I really looked forward to my weekly dose of the two Chris's, Dan and Bob. Frankly its demise was the last straw for me, and I soon after cancelled my HBO subscription. During the final Olympic shindig, Costas and Collinsworth briefly mentioned the football season and how busy they would soon be. I remember reading awhile back that somehow, someway somebody would revive INFL. A quick google lead me to this. What a total load of crapola flavored BS.

Showtime? Showtime! You've got to be kidding me. It's a half-assed premium channel on its best day. Does anybody even subscribe to it? I think the majority of it's viewership comes during free weekends. Warren Sapp, James Brown, Phil Simms and Collinsworth? Sapp and Simms are lucky if they can put together a coherent statement using proper English, and Brown is about as exciting as watching your little sister pick daisies. Collinsworth is far too talented to be mixed up with this bunch. I was really hoping ESPN was going to pick up INFL with the same cast and crew. As it is I'm sure Showtime thinks it has pulled off a major coup, but I predict the results and ratings will be totally underwhelming. They'll keep it chugging along, throwing money at it for years as a never ending cast of has beens fill the chairs of those departed. In the end we will be left with a show barely a shell of its former self.

Man I am really ticked off about this.

Never watched the show.

For me football is played on Saturday. I lost all interest in the NFL in the early 80s when I was in high school.

All right I've had some time to cool off now. When I read that article last night it was new information (to me) and it steamed me. I recognize that each of us has our idea of what makes a good commentator and we all have our favorites. I still feel HBO's INFL was the best weekly wrap up show ever.

Costas and Collinsworth have a lot of detractors and many seem not to like them. I happen to appreciate and admire both men's knowledge of this and other sports. They provided intelligence and thoughtfulness to INFL while Marino and Carter exuded charisma, energy and a ball players perspective. I believed, and still do, the chemistry between the four worked perfectly. Sapp, Simms and Brown are poor substitutes and they will be broadcast on a third rate channel to boot. I think INFL is truly dead and it's a darn shame.

I used to love INFl, but stopped watching after the originals(Nick and Len) were deep sixed. they loved the game more than making themselves seem important and this always came through. In fact,INFL was my only reason to subscribe to the 'hobo' network.

marty

I used to love INFl, but stopped watching after the originals(Nick and Len) were deep sixed. they loved the game more than making themselves seem important and this always came through. In fact,INFL was my only reason to subscribe to the 'hobo' network.

marty

I enjoyed the show equally with Len and Nick. I think it was always a well produced and directed show. When the time came to update and modernize they kept the shows underlying character IMO so I was ok with it.

sorry to tell ya, but Showtime > HBO right now. Don't care much for Costas, but Weeds and Dexter awesome.

I know I have slammed Showtime (perhaps unfairly) in my rant, but the few times I've watched it I wasn't impressed. I get that general attitude from most people when the subject comes up. No argument that HBO is in the crapper. They've dumped all their good programming lately. Anyway my beef is more w/ what happened to INFL rather than w/ Showtime itself.

Top Bottom