What's new

Morning shave.

I have school tomorrow for the first time in three weeks and not only do I have a terrible biological clock, but my first class is at 8:0 and I have a 45 min commute (if you count the bus from the stadium to the building) so I need to get up at about 6:00 AM.
I have been working on a wake my sorry @$$ up shave and this is what I have come up with:
In Shower
Loreal mentholated face wash gel and several minutes of standing under the hot water.
Hot towel for a few mins after shower.
3 pass shave with Proraso and a Red Tipped SS. (save some extra lather for later)
Blade buff pass with Shave Secret oil
Reapply lather and wash off with cold cloth.
Finish off with Osage Rub and when I stop shivering I can drink my coffee.

What do you think?

I'd say shave at night. It'll give you time to sleep in :biggrin:. Just splash Osage Rub on your face in the morning, that'll be a great pick-me-up

Why not shave in the evening? It leaves more time in the morning for drinking coffee and staying in bed.

overslept after telling us how you just HAD to get up at 6am.

shave the night before in the future. and get up when the alarm tells you to.

I have to be up by the crack of 11am everyday. Its a grind.

ROFLMAO

When I was in college we had "Zero Hour Exams". Those were exams BEFORE the first hour of class. Sleep was for the weak!

I know, I NEVER got sleep when I was in the first 3 semesters of Engineering Calc. I must be getting old, but I do have D.E. at 9:30 tomorrow.

overslept after telling us how you just HAD to get up at 6am.

shave the night before in the future. and get up when the alarm tells you to.

I have to be up by the crack of 11am everyday. Its a grind.

I did this a lot last semester but I remembered every time I'd turn off the alarm and it would be a conscious decision... But not this morning :lol::lol::lol:
Oh well tomorrow’s a new day and I have all semester to impress that Prof.

I did this a lot last semester but I remembered every time I'd turn off the alarm and it would be a conscious decision... But not this morning :lol::lol::lol:
Oh well tomorrow’s a new day and I have all semester to impress that Prof.

I had a Prof for Dynamics who was born in Shanghai, and got his PhD in Berlin, consequently he spoke English with a Chinese-German accent.

His great lines were

"You learn now, You learn summertime. I not care which."

"Here, Sir, (handing student change) call home, tell parents you never become an engineer!"

"Partial Credit?!?! If you build bridge and it fall you down, you want partial credit?!?"

"Faculty not let me say you're hopeless, sir, but still you're a very very very very very very poor student."

And the best line, when he asked students what major they had decided on and the answer was anything but Mechanical Engineering

"Perhaps you can still do something useful in life, like service station attendant."

If you showed up a minute late for his class, you were locked out. If he called on you and you didn't know the answer may God have mercy on you for he surely didn't.

I had a Prof for Dynamics who was born in Shanghai, and got his PhD in Berlin, consequently he spoke English with a Chinese-German accent.

His great lines were

"You learn now, You learn summertime. I not care which."

"Here, Sir, (handing student change) call home, tell parents you never become an engineer!"

"Partial Credit?!?! If you build bridge and it fall you down, you want partial credit?!?"

"Faculty not let me say you're hopeless, sir, but still you're a very very very very very very poor student."

And the best line, when he asked students what major they had decided on and the answer was anything but Mechanical Engineering

"Perhaps you can still do something useful in life, like service station attendant."

If you showed up a minute late for his class, you were locked out. If he called on you and you didn't know the answer may God have mercy on you for he surely didn't.

Sounds exactly like half our CECS faculty. Thank God I'm ECE.

I know, I NEVER got sleep when I was in the first 3 semesters of Engineering Calc.

I hear you; I'm back in school, a 36 year old junior, and just finished a year of Engineering Calc. I was dreaming about derivatives in my nightly 3 hours of sleep.

Original topic: Shave at night and be done with it already. Get what little zs you can.

Is showing 8 hours of stubble on a college campus that big of a deal? People aren't paying that much attention to you; they don't care nearly as much about you as you might think they do, trust me on this. I've been where you're at.

I hear you; I'm back in school, a 36 year old junior, and just finished a year of Engineering Calc. I was dreaming about derivatives in my nightly 3 hours of sleep.

Original topic: Shave at night and be done with it already. Get what little zs you can.

Is showing 8 hours of stubble on a college campus that big of a deal? People aren't paying that much attention to you; they don't care nearly as much about you as you might think they do, trust me on this. I've been where you're at.

I don't shave for people at school, hell half of the guys in my engineering classes have no idea how (and do you think there are any girls there?). I shave in the morning because I like to, and it gets me awake and fresh for the day. Now I will sometimes shave in the evening before I go out to see my GF (the only other person I shave for) and I like shaving at night too. If only I had two faces so I could shave twice as much:w00t:.

I don't shave for people at school, hell half of the guys in my engineering classes have no idea how (and do you think there are any girls there?). I shave in the morning because I like to, and it gets me awake and fresh for the day. Now I will sometimes shave in the evening before I go out to see my GF (the only other person I shave for) and I like shaving at night too. If only I had two faces so I could shave twice as much:w00t:.

Morning shaves make me more awake than morning showers :w00t:

I've tried morning shaves and evening shaves. While I do enjoy the leisurely pace of an evening shave that "0 dark thirty" in the morning shave is a great way to start the day, especially with some Osage Rub or Mama Bear Peppermint Aftershave Milk as a chaser...er... I mean bracer -:em2100: Waking up is no problem for me as the neighborhood rooster uses me as an alarm clock.

Top Bottom