What's new

What is your favorite beer??

As far as an every day utility beer like when I am on the lake in my boat fishing I drink "Miller High Life". Been drinking it since I was in my early 20's and I am 54 now.

However if drinking in the evening in a pub or with a meal I like something along the lines of a "Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout".

Of course I enjoy all manner of hand crafted beers from our local brew pubs.

Man after my own heart. I am a bit of a "Beer Snob". But I have taken to enjoying American Lagers in lieu of water during activities. I enjoy a nice dark lager (I brew my own), but I can drink Budmillercoors whenever.

Man after my own heart. I am a bit of a "Beer Snob". But I have taken to enjoying American Lagers in lieu of water during activities. I enjoy a nice dark lager (I brew my own), but I can drink Budmillercoors whenever.

I have the greatest fondness for:

Harpoon,Brooklyn,Sam Adams,Goose Island, Rogue etc

but

Bud
Millers
Coors

Is the unacceptable face of American Imperialism

(Awaits a barrage of abuse :wink:)

For me a properly brewed Scottish (Heavy) Ale is the way to go - Caledonian 80/- or Deuchars IPA (or Belhaven Best)... if it's afternoon beer I'm drinking then the Caley 70/- fits the bill :biggrin:

I can't drink lager - the stuff we get is cold and too fizzy - I may as well drink coke (at least I get a caffeine hit then). I find most North American mass-produced beers too sweet (even the so-called "dry" ones) - even German beers that make it here seem to get fizzed up (compared to Germany).

Wherever I am I'll drink whatever's local that the locals drink - they usually know best... that doesn't work in the UK generally though as they're all drinking the previously mentioned fizzy cold water stuff.

I am a self made member of CAMRA and a beer snob. I do however return to black sheep brewery's best bitter as a regular go to beer. If i had a choice every pub in the land would have at least 4 or 5 hand pulled real ales available that changed on a regular basis. I can only dream.

For me a properly brewed Scottish (Heavy) Ale is the way to go - Caledonian 80/- or Deuchars IPA (or Belhaven Best)... if it's afternoon beer I'm drinking then the Caley 70/- fits the bill :biggrin:

I can't drink lager - the stuff we get is cold and too fizzy - I may as well drink coke (at least I get a caffeine hit then). I find most North American mass-produced beers too sweet (even the so-called "dry" ones) - even German beers that make it here seem to get fizzed up (compared to Germany).

Wherever I am I'll drink whatever's local that the locals drink - they usually know best... that doesn't work in the UK generally though as they're all drinking the previously mentioned fizzy cold water stuff.

Not all of us :biggrin:

Agree with most of your post

However, even though I'm very fond of Deuchars IPA, I don't feel that it fits in the "heavy" /80 shilling style

YMMV

Cheers

I am a self made member of CAMRA and a beer snob. I do however return to black sheep brewery's best bitter as a regular go to beer. If i had a choice every pub in the land would have at least 4 or 5 hand pulled real ales available that changed on a regular basis. I can only dream.

I was at Cartmel yesterday for the races

Theakston's Best Bitter (Related to Black Sheep :wink:)

Hawkshead Best

The beer was enjoyable :001_smile

The price

(Two and half quid for the Theakstons and three quid for the Hawkshead)

Was not :mad:

Not all of us :biggrin:

Agree with most of your post

However, even though I'm very fond of Deuchars IPA, I don't feel that it fits in the "heavy" /80 shilling style

YMMV

Cheers

No it doesn't really - hence the Brackets - habitually I prefer heavy - but lighter Scottish ales are no barrier (although Tennant's Velvet is only fit for the neighbours cat that you despise)

Guinness
Negro Modelo
Becks Dark

I rarely drink anymore, but when I do I enjoy the darker, heavier beers.

Shiner.

European beer brewed in Texas.

The Bock and the Black Lager are my favorites, but they're all more than good enough to be worth the extra buck. Some of the seasonal/special releases are incredible . . . and still the same price.

proxy.php

NANP™

I was at Cartmel yesterday for the races

Theakston's Best Bitter (Related to Black Sheep :wink:)

Hawkshead Best

The beer was enjoyable :001_smile

The price

(Two and half quid for the Theakstons and three quid for the Hawkshead)

Was not :mad:

Two very good ales. If you ever get the chance try riggwelter by black sheep. It is a treat indeed.

personally, I can't stand the smell of any I've encountered, and I'm not at all interested in drinking it, however, I will say this:
My favorite beer is whatever makes R James do a PUI !!! :lol:

Top Bottom