What's new

which brushes have these qualities?

I am looking for a new shaving brush. I would like like a best badger brush with a 20-22mm knot that is very dense. Any one know of a brush that fits my description?

Simpson Persian Jar best. Close the thread now. :wink:

Seriously, it's an excellent soap and cream brush, very comfortable handle and gorgeous to look at.

Rooney Style 1 or 3, small, silvertip, $65 at classicshaving. Same models in super are $75 at vintageblades.

Simpson Duke 2 is $97 at leesrazors.

Best of luck.

J

Does anyone have experience with the best badger shavemac in 21mm?or the savile row 3118 or 3318?

Shavemac only makes pure/finest/silvertip, no best to my knowledge.

SR 18mm brushes are $75, so fit your price range, but the size is smaller than the C&E best (21mm). The SR 22mm would be closer in size, but also ~$100.

Regards.

J

speeddemon1891,

If you're requirement for best badger is cost, than Shavemac's Finest grade is a better (softer) grade of hair than that. The cost makes it a good choice too. The density on Shavemacs in Finest is also pretty good; I have a 22558 in my own collection that I use with some frequency.

The shavemac sounds like what i'm looking for.
Anything comparable to it as far as cost and quality?

You may wish to call Charles at (401) 433-4045 QED USA or drop him an email about his new QED Select in Best Badger. He has them in 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm.
Here's the 20mm after a 4-pass with TABAC:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
You may wish to call Charles at (401) 433-4045 QED USA or drop him an email about his new QED Select in Best Badger. He has them in 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm.
full

I'll be ordering mine tomorrow :w00t::biggrin::tongue_sm:001_smile:001_tt1::drool:

Deserving of lots of smileys :lol:. I'll be sure to post my thoughts. Most likely I'll be springing for the 24mm Silvertip.

full

I am very interested in the QED Select. How does the brush compare to the c&e best (ej Best)? Which is what I have now.

Rooney 3,1 or 2,1 in Best at $75. These are the best values in shaving, IMHO and are dense and soft. Excellent all-around brushes for face and bowl lathering.

I'm still using it. It loses a couple of hairs every now and then but I am happy with it. It works well and you can't beat the price (unless you get a QED select).

Top Bottom