What's new

How far in advance do you choose your shaving stuff?

How far in advance do you choose your shave stuff of the day?

• That morning

• The night before

• I plan several days in advance

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, truth time. How far in advance do you pick out your shaving apparatus of the day? I have to admit mine is done at least a day in advance. I typically take my SOTD pic the night before, but even if I didn't I would probably plan it out.

Right before I shave. Frequently I'll pick out something for the following morning only to later decide it doesn't appeal to me.

Great thought provoking question. Normally I begin to ponder the options when my Good Buddy the Cat wakes me around 4:00AM. By 5:00 I have selected the Shave of the Day! That's de rigeur for weekdays. For weekends I start pondering Friday night! :001_rolle

I take my SOTD pics the night before, so I lay everything out and then I stick with it. Otherwise, the pics would be lying!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I take my SOTD pics the night before, so I lay everything out and then I stick with it. Otherwise, the pics would be lying!

Randy
Randy,
I would love to do that, but SWMBO would have a hissy fit.. Ocassionally I will get my shot in the morning, lathered brush shots, most frequently I shoot them when I get home from the office, except on weekends or holidays... :huh:

I would love to do that, but SWMBO would have a hissy fit..

Ron,

I am the man of my house. What I say goes. Period. No arguments from anyone.

Randy <===== (Single in Salt Lake City) :001_tt2:

rtaylor61 said:
Ron,

I am the man of my house. What I say goes. Period. No arguments from anyone.

Randy <===== (Single in Salt Lake City) :001_tt2:
Randy you had me worried. I thought for a moment we were going to lose one of our own by the hand of SWMBO. Don't DO that! :scared:

If I'm going to use a picture, I typically make my choice the night before and set it up and take the shot. I then use those products the next morning just as the picture shows. If no picture, I make my decision the morning of the shave.

I just got back from two days of meetings and having flown, couldn't take my double edge razor. I took a disposable two-blade razor and what a lousy shave I got!! Sure good to be home and back to my sweetie - my Merkur that is. (Oh yeah, it's good to see SWMBO too) :smile:

Jerry

9 out of 10 times it is whatever I happen to be in the mood for that day.... sometimes the same thing for a week!

Odd though.... I have come to the conclusion that I am not much a fan of shaving cream, and I don't think I will be purchasing it any further. I started with soaps, soaps work best for me, are most fun to use, and last longest, so once I plow thru all my creams, I'll stick with just a few select soaps :biggrin:

You know - I thought of that, but I wouldn't be too keen on taking the $ loss of selling them, and I DO enjoy them quite a bit, just not as much as a GOOD shaving soap. CERTAINLY if someone had trumpers, DR Harris, Joris, Floris, etc soaps they wanted to part with - I'd love to trade them shaving creams for them, but as far as outright sales? I dunno..... I doubt it.

I casually think about it the night before, but make the crunch decision that morning. The final decision is usually no where close to what I was thinking prior.

Until I joined this group, about a week ago, I never gave it any thought. I would just grab one of my razors, a mug of soap or a tube of cream, pick up a brush and go for it. I am a member of 2 other shaving groups, but this one caught my attention with the pictures you guys take of the shaving equipment you used. I liked the idea and I have started to plan my shave the night before. I'm not sure I will take a picture every night but I do like planning ahead. Thanks for making me aware of this. It adds one more bit of attention to my hobby. Who would have ever thought shaving would become a hobby?

Tony Espo

joel said:
9 out of 10 times it is whatever I happen to be in the mood for that day.... sometimes the same thing for a week!

Odd though.... I have come to the conclusion that I am not much a fan of shaving cream, and I don't think I will be purchasing it any further. I started with soaps, soaps work best for me, are most fun to use, and last longest, so once I plow thru all my creams, I'll stick with just a few select soaps :biggrin:

Joel,

Setup some prices and list them out, youmay be pleasantly surprised on what you will sell.

mark tssb

Generally I choose my shave soap as I reach my hand into the cabinet to grab a soap. I choose my brush the same way, but usually gravitate to a badger rather than my boar brush.

Razor wise, since I've gotten my Feather AS, I haven't chosen any other razor, so that is a moot point.
I will use my birth year/quarter slim adjustable on my birthday (haven't tried it yet - first time will be January 2012). My dad's fat boy will be used on his birthday and the day he passed, other than that I just don't really see myself rotating razors much. I probably should give my Old Type a little love once a month or something, and I bought a New Deluxe bar handle razor off ebay that I should at least polish up and give a try... (I got it and my Feather in the mail on the same day.) (I probably should sell off or pif my Futur, Milord, tech, super speed...)

My aftershave is usually chosen by whether or not I feel I need some alcohol or not. If it felt like a good super-smooth shave, I'll reach for a balm if it's dry out, or Lucky Tiger if it's warm/humid, if I think I might have gotten a too close, or if I did an ATG pass, I'll choose an alcohol based product. The specific product within those ranges that I grab is never given more than a split second thought before it's in my hand.

Top Bottom