What's new

Wounded injun

I bought a Boker Red Injun 101 and a couple of DEs today at an antique store where I usually score pretty good. I thought I had this time, too, as the razor didn't look like it had even been handled much, let alone abused.
I got it home and started looking it over, deciding how I was going to go about honing it, and took the price label off of the blade. What was under it? Two nasty, deep rust spots! :scared:I go to that shop fairly regularly, so if the rust occurred under the label while it sat on the shelf, it would have only been in the past month. I kind of think the label was placed on that side purposely to cover up the rust spots. I guess I should have looked, but I think that was a rotten trick for such a nice little old antique shop man. :thumbdown

That is a rotten trick, can you not take it back and complain if you are a regular?

I considered it, for sure. With the razor in otherwise such good condition, I decided to work them over and see if I could make it look good. They'll always show if you look close, but I got them under control. I'm just going to hone it up and shave with it.
I'll let the guy know that wasn't cool, though.

Top Bottom