What's new

Road-Trip!! Chicken Wings and Shaving Supplies

I'm thinking about taking another roadtrip over the next month to Buffalo NY, as part of a regular pilgrimage to one of our favorite spots (Duffs or the Anchor Bar) for original Buffalo style Chicken Wings!

I figure while I'm down there and the significant other is planning a shopping trip :001_rolle I should try to pick up some shaving "stuff" that is not available generally in Canada.

So, up here common stuff we can find easily is AV (all varieties), Old Spice, Mennen, Brut, 'lectric shave, Proraso. What we don't seem to have is some of the stuff I read about here, like Pinaud, Clubman, Bay Rum, Tabac etc...

So I'm trying to plan a scavenger hunt for myself (but not stuff too hard to find), I'd like to pick up some of these different things (reasonably priced) that seem to be common down there. Aftershaves, Soaps and Colognes are my primary goals, so I'll have stuff to experiment with over the winter months.

Can I ask for some suggestions on what I should look for and a hint to where I might find it (ie walgreens, target or other)?

Thanks in advance

Yup, the Pinaud Bay Rum and Clubman regular are at Wal Greens here as well. I think it's standard fare in their stores. They also carry English Leather which has a nice powdery, leathery fragrance. Sallys Beauty Supply carries Masters Bay Rum and Pinaud Talc. Personally I like the Pinaud BR better though. Target carries Every Man Jack products; I use their preshave which works ok in my book. CVS Pharmacy sells most of these products as well.

Now I must caveat my post by stating I have never been to Buffalo and have no idea what stores exist there. Seems like most drugstore chains in the US sell a combo of all or some of the above products though. Enjoy the wings!

Thanks guys!

Sally's Beauty supply is one of those places I never would have figured out on my own! Definitely a stop on the trip as is Walgreens and CVS.

Sifting through the forums to find the popular stuff so I go down with a list,
Tabac sounds like it has a decent following, so gotta keep an eye out for that as well.

I'm thinking about taking another roadtrip over the next month to Buffalo NY, as part of a regular pilgrimage to one of our favorite spots (Duffs or the Anchor Bar) for original Buffalo style Chicken Wings!

I figure while I'm down there and the significant other is planning a shopping trip :001_rolle I should try to pick up some shaving "stuff" that is not available generally in Canada.

So, up here common stuff we can find easily is AV (all varieties), Old Spice, Mennen, Brut, 'lectric shave, Proraso. What we don't seem to have is some of the stuff I read about here, like Pinaud, Clubman, Bay Rum, Tabac etc...

So I'm trying to plan a scavenger hunt for myself (but not stuff too hard to find), I'd like to pick up some of these different things (reasonably priced) that seem to be common down there. Aftershaves, Soaps and Colognes are my primary goals, so I'll have stuff to experiment with over the winter months.

Can I ask for some suggestions on what I should look for and a hint to where I might find it (ie walgreens, target or other)?

Thanks in advance

If you live in Montreal, some drugstores have Tabac

If going to both Walgreens and Sally's, buy the Clubman at Sally's. Double the size for about the same price. Also a bottle of Master's Bay Rum is double the size of Pinauds and costs less.

If you live in Montreal, some drugstores have Tabac

Unfortunately I'm not that close to the Quebec border. To get to NY is only about 90 mins, to get to Montreal I'm in for almost 7 hours. Tough part for me is I'm starting to recognize names of products in the forums but don't know where they can be found. If Tabac is found in Montreal. maybe it's here in Ontario and I just haven't been looking in the right spots.

As to Sallys, some good advice on the size difference. I'll pick up the costco size :001_smile It's taking forever to get through this bottle of AV so I'll be set for some time to come.

I picked up some Thayers Witch Hazel yesterday I found in a natural health store. I don't know what I was expecting, but this stuff smells like water.

If you're near Toronto, you have probably heard about Toronto Barber Supply (?) that sells to the public which carries a ton of stuff.

If you're near Toronto, you have probably heard about Toronto Barber Supply (?) that sells to the public which carries a ton of stuff.

I went there today. I don't know why I didn't check that place out. I bought my straight razor & strop from there a few months back. Sure 'nuff they had some Pinaud stuff so I bought some Clubman AS and Talc to try tomorrow. They also had a big selection of what looked like no-name scents like bulk barn stuff. Not that brave yet. Would rather hunt for the tried and true and recommended by B&B.

Having tried there, I will also check out the smoke shop across the street over the next while (need to spread out the AD purchases) and see if they carry this Tabac stuff.

I checked out their DE's and they carry 3 different Merkur's starting at $49 which seems a bit high so I'll keep looking.

London Drugs carries Tabac as well (I haven't seen the shavesoap there, but the cologne & aftershave at least!)

LOL! It's either Quebec and east, or Manitoba and west . Here I am, stuck in the middle. (I just looked up the London chain and it doesn't come out quite this far). At least I know it's generally available in Canada and I can start looking a little harder. I suspect I'm just not looking in the right places :)

Thanks!

Top Bottom