What's new

Can we use shaving cream after its expiration date?

Can we use shaving cream after it has passed its expiration date?is there any side effect if we use one?I have some shaving creame I bought few years back but never get chance to use one but since I have started wet shaving(since yesterday:w00t: ) with my futur I think it will come to use but it has passed its expiration date?should I use it or throw it away?

Vivroy

I didn't know there was an expiration date on creams. If you're not simply pulling our collective legs, I would not worry. I'd only be concerned if the stuff had dried out.

I can't imagine any side effects other than, potentially, dried out cream. What brand of cream is it? Is it in a tub, tube, can?

If the experation date of shaving cream is anything like pharaceuticals it would mean that the product can't be guaranteed to be atleast 95% as efficacious of a product that has not reached the experation date.

I'm not familiar with that one other than to say that most folks on this site don't think too highly of Axe products. Still, I see no harm in trying it so long as you can get it out of the tube. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction, I'd recommend picking up a tube of Proraso/Bath and Body Works C.O. Bigelow green or a tub of Taylor's avocado. Of course, there are lots of other great creams out there, as well -- just check the reviews section here on B&B. Good luck -- let us know how it turns out!

I have a tube of Colgate Lather Cream that is 50+ years old and still produces a great lather. And my skin has not reacted badly at all.

I seriously doubt you're in any grave danger if you use expired shaving cream. Just try it and it will either be fine or not----if not, chuck it and don't lose any sleep over it.

Top Bottom