What's new

Brylcreem. Classic, yes?

Red House pomade has zero shine and has a really poor look. Byrlcreem is MUCH better than this chemical laden water base. Red House is over priced matte type pomade. If this is what you're using, then you need to upgrade your pomade in a huge way.
If it works for him, it works for him. Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV) is something that we espouse here and stand by it. So if he wants to use the product and likes it, why "upgrade"? More power to him. Just like you enjoy the products you use, and they work for you.

Regarding British Brylcreem, I've always wanted to try it since it's slightly different than our version. Brylcreem in the only thing that works on my hair when it's long, and it's easier to apply than a pomade.

You can get the British Brylcreem from Amazon and Ebay. It's a better price than U.S Brylcreem. I've been alternating between the two of them, but now I much prefer the British version and stopped using the U.S brand.

The British stuff?

$916bynr8+gL._SX522_.jpg

I too, went on a vintage voyage last night and picked up some AV ice blue and brylcreem, just to see what the fuss was all about. I typically use Sauvecito original, which offers decent shine and hold. I don't know what you gents have against shine. I love it. Brylcreem really delivers in this category. Too much will make your hair look greasy and unwashed. It doesn't hold my wavy hair worth a darn, and I wear mine short, shaved on one side and combed to the right. I love the fact that it acts as a conditioner and can be used to get the build up out of your hair. That's probably why my hair is all over the place today. I won't go out of my way to stock this, but if I come across it, I'd grab some. I'm 37 years old. I don't recall anyone in my family ever using this stuff. I'd say this is great for when your wanting to look presentable and don't want to throw on a ball cap at home.
It's nice that it's easily re-combable as well. Smells nice... Powdery without smelling like your clothes have been sitting in the closet with a pack of mothballs.

I'm a Lucky Tiger man myself but enjoy Brylcream when my hair is towards the time when it needs to be cut. I'll have to try the British version which I didn't know existed till this thread. Damn internet.

Goes better with Royal Copenhagen Musk than with clubman, which to me smells like Canoe, which I like. But the UK spec is pretty good stuff. I jus whack a dab in everyday, during the day or after a shower. Very little hold but with great shine. It just keeps the hair nice when your on an off day, or if your topping up on the go.

I had a tube of it. I liked it, but it wasn't great for my very oily hair. I keep my hair about 5-8cm (2-3in) long on top and it didn't do a good job of holding it. It seemed to work great for about an hour, but then I'd have to recomb it. After 3-4 hours, my hair was just an oily mess that couldn't really be styled. It did provide a nice shine.

Top Bottom