What's new

How Often Do You Go for BBS?

I was just wondering when everyone on this board goes for a BBS shave.
Everyday? Twice a week? Once a week? Special Occasions?
I generally go for a BBS whenever I feel like it, I can't do it consecutively because of irritation (neck goes red, bumps on my cheeks). But I go for it once or twice a week simply because it feels so good to faceturbate.
Of course special occasions I go for BBS too, but I find when it's important I cut myself a lot more than normal..
So what about you? When do you go for a BBS shave?

I tried everyday when I started and got lots of burn to show for it. Now I'm a month in I don't go for BBS. I'd rather work on my technique and let the BBS shave come when my technique brings it on. Till then, I'm very happy with my 2 to 3 pass shaves.

I would like to have them every day but I am satisfied with a DFS so I don't try to kill myself. It is kind of like fishing...sometimes just sitting in the boat with a line in the water is reward enough. I don't have to catch a fish for it to be enjoyable.

I try for it every shave (three times a week). Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.*

*I need to work on being more satisfied with the shave when I don't.

I normally use a three pass shave and I don't go for a BBS as I have learned that small variations in equipment or technique result in large differences in my shave results. I am happy to report that my technique has reached a point where I expect a DFS (damn fine shave) every time and am quite happily surprised when the results are BBS. I have learned which combination's of razors, blades, and soaps/creams will give me the best opportunity for a BBS but have found, like you, if I force the shave my results can be spotty.

Truthfully, I am still experimenting to much to settle into the best combo when I may still find a better one. Its about the RAD, ask the others, they know who they are.

Every time I shave, of course... :biggrin:

Me too.

I used to go for every day BBS.

But lately my straight shaves have been lasting quite a long time, 12 hour BBS no problem, so I only shave every other day (not much to shave the morning after...).

I never used to believe what was siad about staright shaves lasting longer, but all of a sudden my BBS has become LLBBS (Long Lasting Baby Bottom Smooth)

Every time I fell like it!

Sometimes, I have whole weeks of continuous desire to achieve BBS'es.
Sometimes, I just don't feel like it, and I am satisfied with DFS'es.

Generally this depends a lot on my "life experiences" at that time. If I had positive reviews, or an experiment worked and gave satisfactory results, the next morning I feel like going for BBS.

If the situation is on the opposite side, I feel no motivation, so I go for DFS.

I try for a DFS everyday. That's been an easy target to hit. I'm in the process of identifying problem spots - currently the throat behind the goatee, down to about the Adam's Apple, and the angle along the jawbone. I'm also working on developing the skills to deal with those areas.

If I go for BBS at all it is usually on Wednesday or Sunday. Reasons for those dates are personal, the other thing is that by not trying for BBS everyday there is an opportunity to let the face recover from major disasters, and razor burn.

I like to pull out a good cream and fresh blade on Sundays and go for a 4-pass BBS. Seems like the next two, three shaves after that are always better/cleaner. Green Proraso and Red Personna has been a pretty reliable combo in that regard for me.

This morning I tried for BBS, and just made my neck raw and irritated . . . for the first time since I switched over to a DE, too.

If it ain't meant to be, don't try to force it is the lesson I take from that. Ouch.

NANP™

Shave every other day since I'm retired and, being a perfectionist, I go for a BBS every shave and get it 99.9% of the time. Using my Futur or 39c slant Hedgeslammer, it's pretty easy to achieve.

It kind of sneaks up on me. I use a Merkur HD, and when I notice I've gotten a realy close shave( which is just about each time I use it,) I say "What the heck," and proceed to touch it up. Voila! BBS.

Best,

I usually go for a BBS whenever I shave. Don't always succeed, in which case I have a DFS. And I'm happy with that.

Top Bottom