What's new

How Often Do You Go for BBS?

I would like to have them every day but I am satisfied with a DFS so I don't try to kill myself. It is kind of like fishing...sometimes just sitting in the boat with a line in the water is reward enough. I don't have to catch a fish for it to be enjoyable.

Yep. Plus it depends on the situation; if I have enough time, if I feel like it, etc.

Most days, DFS is all I want and need. Consecutive ATG shaves do not suit my beard and skin, not to mention my lifestyle.

I never 'go for' a BBS shave. I've found that a BBS shave is the natural outcome of using good technique. So I shoot for a comfortable shave, free of 'problems' and end up with a BBS shave about 1/3 the time, if not a little better. I use a three pass shave with T&C as needed.

In seeking a comfortable shave, about half the time the result is so good that in passing an Alum bar over my face I experience no heat, no sting anywhere on my face --just the feeling of the cold wet stone. :w00t: It took a little more than a year to get to that point, and the use of the Alum bar was pretty harsh when I first returned to wet shaving.

Give it time, and work on technique --it'll all come together.

-- John Gehman

I am still newbie but I have found out that if I shave every other day it is hard for me to achieve BBS shave and there is no question of getting BBS if I shave everyday.The reason I have found for me is that before I used to shave every week:biggrin: now that I like shaving so much with my futur I cant waint to start shaving so I cant wait for 7 days and try to shave every other day.

So I think beard growth play important part in achieve BBS shave at least for me.

Vivroy.

I never 'go for' a BBS shave. I've found that a BBS shave is the natural outcome of using good technique. So I shoot for a comfortable shave, free of 'problems' and end up with a BBS shave about 1/3 the time, if not a little better. I use a three pass shave with T&C as needed.

In seeking a comfortable shave, about half the time the result is so good that in passing an Alum bar over my face I experience no heat, no sting anywhere on my face --just the feeling of the cold wet stone. :w00t: It took a little more than a year to get to that point, and the use of the Alum bar was pretty harsh when I first returned to wet shaving.

Give it time, and work on technique --it'll all come together.

-- John Gehman

Truly sage advice, Excellent post, John. :clap:

I do a 4 pass shave daily, and end up with BBS almost daily. If it does not end up absolutely BBS, I don't have an anxiety attack! Close enough counts.

JTC:biggrin:

Top Bottom