What's new

Sweat repellant?

Here's an odd one (though I didn't search, sorry) - I bike to work almost every day. Is there a good A/S product or better, ingredient, that will keep the sweat from making my face itch? Maybe I should try alcohol-based stuff to close the pores? I am tempted to get the Velva but then I might lose the vulva...

I haven't noticed alcohol based AS to prevent sweat sting/itch, the only thing that makes a difference for me is getting a less irritating shave in the first place. Any skin irritation I inflicted on myself just goes through the roof when it gets sweaty. :(

I haven't noticed alcohol based AS to prevent sweat sting/itch, the only thing that makes a difference for me is getting a less irritating shave in the first place. Any skin irritation I inflicted on myself just goes through the roof when it gets sweaty. :(

I agree. Same here.

When I played hockey, five days a week, I got the best results when I used skin food as an aftershave. AV made it worse for me, however, after practice I would always rinse my face with cold cold water for a good 60 sec. Then I would reach for the AV, the cooling made the itch go away, comfortable enough to go to bed.

I also bike in the mornings and it seems to be the worst. I am always rinsing my chin and neck with my water bottle. I have found night shaving works best for me. The healing time my face gets while I rest is great.

P.S. What kind of bike do you have? I got a Lemond and am loving it, except for all the bontrager parts, they keep breaking on me.

Thanks guys, I already do the cold water and Anthony's alcohol-free toner, so I will continue to focus on prep and technique. But, I've been looking for an excuse to try skin food!

Hey again guys,
Just another note of thanks - I made sure to do extra cold water today and it made a big difference! I tried for a solid 60 seconds of rinsing, and couldn't even feel the sweat, even on my ride home (well, maybe a little).

@rtheen: I ride an IRO fixed with a handmade 4-cross wheel from my messenger days. That Lemond sounds nice, but I thought Bontrager parts were good?

Top Bottom