What's new

West Coast Shaving!

I have to plug this place...hoping that's cool with the mods here.

I got a great deal on a new Merkur HD -and it was shipped so fast that I got it in 2 days...good old Priority Mail!

I want to thank the owner for a tremendous job! I will be back for blades!
Thanks!
:)

Plug away. West Coast Shaving is a forum member named letterk. Most of us have bought a blade sampler from him. I am sure he will be delighted that you received your package in a timely manner.

Not sure how much your plug will help... WCS is well-known. That's like Pepsi advertising during the Super Bowl, who hasn't heard of Pepsi?

Ahh what the heck, I'll plug John too. WestCoastShaving.com rocks!

I just checked his site out - John's added a couple of safety razors, some new brands of blades and Conk soaps - all at great prices.

A gentleman to deal with and an awesome store. John is a great addition to the forum and the shaving community.

West Coast Shaving is a must go to spot for DE newbies IMHO...along with Mama Bear...SCS...QED...My Time Bath and Body...Nancy Boy...Pirate's Cove Soapworks...Ogallala Bay...and the list just goes on and on and on :em2300:

I just ordered my second blade sampler from John. He does get the order filled and shipped fast. This time I will try to pay more attention to the differences between blades...

I have to plug this place...hoping that's cool with the mods here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one!! :biggrin: Just don't ever try to plug any other blade vendors, ever. No matter if they are the only ones to carry hard to find blades or have better selections and lower prices. Free market be damned we are only allowed to discuss West Coat Shaving on the boards and even in our very own PM's.

I have placed an order with WCS and it wasn't even shipped the same week. I won't be placing another.

I think people deserve to know all the facts.

That's a good one!! :biggrin: Just don't ever try to plug any other blade vendors, ever. No matter if they are the only ones to carry hard to find blades or have better selections and lower prices. Free market be damned we are only allowed to discuss West Coat Shaving on the boards and even in our very own PM's.

I have placed an order with WCS and it wasn't even shipped the same week. I won't be placing another.

I have to disagree here, we are free to plug other vendors if we want, I believe one of the vendors was blacklisted for a good reason, and for me thats best left in the past and not dragged back into the forefront.

You have your oppinions and I have mine, but I strongly disagree that other vendors aren't discussed, just look at the carnival, and the number of vendors involved.

Just my 0.02

There's been more than one blacklisted vendor here.

A certain one is a very nice and affable chap to deal with as well.

Chris, there are two other vendors that sell samplers. Unfortunately, they have been blacklisted due to ungentlemanly behaviors on this board. You have been here long enough and know the history. Not worth repeating.

I have been wetshaving for four years. Like most newbies at the time, I bought countless razors and tried all blades under the sun. Painful experiences with blades has taught me to limit my purchases to certain blades. I have no need to try new found blades from Asia or India.

I only buy from John because he carries the best blades available on the market. Not because he's a member but because he will not carry crap.

Chris,

If you have a problem with a vendor why not address it with them directly? You have been here long enough to know that that person abused his privileges here and at other sites so he lost them. After he lost his privilege to post here he encouraged others to disrupt the board. If you are unhappy with the very few restrictions here at the B&B why are you so active? What are you looking for?

You sign your posts with Serenity- is this the way?

There's been more than one blacklisted vendor here.

A certain one is a very nice and affable chap to deal with as well.

Unfortunately- this chap was far less than affable, nor very nice whilst here. His actions= lost the privilege of posting here.

Whoa, whoa...
Didn't mean to stir anything up here, folks. I was simply pointing out a very positive experience I had with an on-line purchase. I would, and will- do the same for anyone else who does a great job; but as I am new here, I have only the one experience. I was not excluding or discriminating against anybody.

I think censoring my private messages and others is childish and just plain wrong, not to mention the emails that go through this site. Like I've said before we are all adults here, at least we all shave like adults, and can make our own choices, good bad or ugly. I don't have a problem with John at all he could be the nicest guy in the world, I do however have a big problem with his being the only blade sample pack vendor that can be discussed in this forum, a shaving forum at that!

So let's all pat LetterK on the back for his higher prices and smaller selections while ignoring and, in fact, actively blocking discussion of viable alternatives.

I think we need to get over things that happened many years ago, apparently long before I joined even. Don't tell me where I can or cannot shop by censoring links, private messages and emails, for I will certainly rebel against what I see as an abuse of power every single time. There's no way that I would ever put up with having any competitor of mine banned no matter what the infraction was because I know how that would reflect on me, not good, not good at all.

I cannot tell you where I got anyways. I got an infraction from a mod for just saying the vendors first name (didn't even metion website or name of place) and that was in the vendor review thread.:w00t: I'll probably get another one from him just for this post.

Now that is a great way to foster and share ideas in a shaving forum. :001_rolle We cannot even realistically talk about blades that LetterK doesn't sell for fear of someone asking where to get said blades!

Unfortunately- this chap was far less than affable, nor very nice whilst here. His actions= lost the privilege of posting here.

Or even being talked about! Worse than being banned they are actively shunned.

I think censoring my private messages and others is childish and just plain wrong, not to mention the emails that go through this site. Like I've said before we are all adults here, at least we all shave like adults, and can make our own choices, good bad or ugly. I don't have a problem with John at all he could be the nicest guy in the world, I do however have a big problem with his being the only blade sample pack vendor that can be discussed in this forum, a shaving forum at that!

So let's all pat LetterK on the back for his higher prices and smaller selections while ignoring and, in fact, actively blocking discussion of viable alternatives.

I think we need to get over things that happened many years ago, apparently long before I joined even. Don't tell me where I can or cannot shop by censoring links, private messages and emails, for I will certainly rebel against what I see as an abuse of power every single time. There's no way that I would ever put up with having any competitor of mine banned no matter what the infraction was because I know how that would reflect on me, not good, not good at all.

Now that is a great way to foster and share ideas in a shaving forum. :001_rolle We cannot even realistically talk about blades that LetterK doesn't sell for fear of someone asking where to get said blades!

Or even being talked about! Worse than being banned they are actively shunned.

Go forth and rebel. Yes, this place is a community and at the end of the day believe it or not there is a lot more internet out there with which you can do what you please, buy what you like, and not have the company names blocked.

This forum is about community and I know it had to be something incredibly severe against the members and admin staff here to force them into bloking off vendors.

You can make your choices outside B&B but please, accept it that here, on one website out of billions, you can't discuss that person, and just move on.

I do not usually air my feelings on matters like this out in open forum, but on this occasion I feel the negativity is unjustified.

This forum is about community and I know it had to be something incredibly severe against the members and admin staff here to force them into bloking off vendors.

It very could have been over a deadly serious infraction, or it could be locking in a monopoly in a forum with many members that do not know of alternatives. There has never been an acceptable explanation for the bans that I've seen anywhere. I will admit I do not know of the circumstances involved, but it also seems as if you are far more trusting than I.

Having a "sticky" in both the Shopping and the BS&T forums would indicate a monopoly to me.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50799

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2379

How many people see those stickies as an explicit site endorsement and do not look elsewhere for other, and in my opinion better, options?

Top Bottom