What's new

Georgetown Scuttle

Just received a Georgetown Pottery scuttle as a belated birthday gift from my sisters... Can't wait to try it out... but will it put an end to my days of face lathering?

No. I love my scuttle and use the Georgetown but I still face lather. I like to change it up depending on what brush I am using. B&B Essential or Kent BLK8 is used to face lather and smaller Vulfix is used to whip up lather in the Georgetown.

proxy.php

Forgetting about the hot lather issue you get a different quality of lather when you use a scuttle as opposed to face lathering. I also use both methods. As far as the hot lather goes your just a dog chasing his tail.

Just got my G3 delivered this week, but I have to wait another couple of weeks until my birthday to open it. The box it was shipped in was totally smashed, but the scuttle was packed inside another smaller box surrounded by packing peanuts, so it should be okay.

My wife was not too happy about me buying a birthday gift for myself and she laughed at me when I told her what it was.

Yeah, my sisters totally refused to buy me shaving soap for my birthday... one went so far as to compare it to receiving socks and underwear for Hanukah (or whichever holiday fits, insert here). Despite my best efforts to convince them otherwise, they opted to ignore my request... glad I convinced them to go with the scuttle.

Have had two shaves so far - face lathering and keeping lather warm in the scuttle on Saturday AM, which went very well; scuttle lathering this morning (no shave on Sunday since I was camping and couldn't justify leaving my fiances' pillow home but packing 8 pounds of shaving gear) went very nicely as well. Guess face v. scuttle will just depend on how I feel in the morning...

Top Bottom