What's new

Do Balms and Lotions make you sweat more than usual?

It seems like any time I wear an A/S Balm or Lotion Or Any type of lotion for that matter, I sweat more profusely than normal. I have a shaved head, so it can be pretty noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

I haven't really done enough conscious experimentation to be able to say if splashes are different or not. I ordered some booster aftershave splashes but haven't tried them out yet. Hopefully they are better. I'm tired of looking like I'm about to have a stroke while I'm at work.

-Eric

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, I'm talking about sweating from my head and face (anywhere the balm/lotion was applied) not body and underarm sweating

It seems like any time I wear an A/S Balm or Lotion Or Any type of lotion for that matter, I sweat more profusely than normal. I have a shaved head, so it can be pretty noticeable.

I haven't really done enough conscious experimentation to be able to say if splashes are different or not. I ordered some booster aftershave splashes but haven't tried them out yet. Hopefully they are better. I'm tired of looking like I'm about to have a stroke while I'm at work.

-Eric

It's just you. :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe your just slightly allergic to the balms.
I'am allergic to several balms and they make me sweat plus
it looks like I have one heck of a sun burn. :blushing:

Hydrocortisone Cream is my friend. :biggrin:
I also use booster and no problems

Just a thought

No it's not just you!:wink:

I tend to follow most balms with an aftershave splash once the balm has worked its way in. i have noticed that when i don't my head tends to sweat more profusely than normal. Most times I can actually get away with not putting anything onto my head due to my oily skin.

marty

No it's not just you!:wink:

I tend to follow most balms with an aftershave splash once the balm has worked its way in. i have noticed that when i don't my head tends to sweat more profusely than normal. Most times I can actually get away with not putting anything onto my head due to my oily skin.

marty

he is trying to assimilate you. beware.

You're not the only one!

During warmer months, I've found that I can only use aftershave splashes on my face...if I use balms or lotions, my skin gets greasy and I sweat like Robin Williams on stage. :eek:

If I get a little neck irritation after a shave, I use some TGR unscented balm--but never on the face.

I've found many splashes that work well, moisturize, and protect after shaving--without making me sweat profusely or have greasy skin. Some of my favorites are Pinaud Clubman, Proraso, Alt-Innsbruck, and Floid Blue.

Good luck!

No, you're not alone. If I use balms when it's warm, I start sweating almost immediately. I'm strictly a splash guy 8-9 months out of the year.

-Eric

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, I'm talking about sweating from my head and face (anywhere the balm/lotion was applied) not body and underarm sweating
YES! and it sucks!
In general, I only use balms Dec-Feb, when the air is cool and dry. I've had good luck with Trumper's Skin Food (Extract of Limes especially) or St Charles Shave Bay Rum With a Twist Aftershave Milk when I need a little extra conditioning in the warm weather. I sometimes use the Neutragena balm with sunscreen in it. It's not as bad as most of the balms.
I shave at night so it's not as big a deal for me as for someone who shaves in the morning and spends the day outside.
Two good aftershave splashes that moisturize well but don't make you sweat like a whore in church:
Proraso Splash (though I've heard it's getting hard to find)
St Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus Splash (I highly recommend this one)

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm a bartender and sometimes I do catering work and have to work outside. I also have to dress fairly formally and shave before work so it can be particularly uncomfortable to be wearing formal attire and sweating like mad while trying to make drinks for 2 dozen people. even things like sunblock seem to make me sweat more, it's almost like the lotion saturates my skin and doesn't allow the sweat to absorb at all? I'm fairly certain it's no form of allergy, since it's not accompanied by any sort of redness, hives, or other discomfort and there doesn't seem to be any constant ingredient that brings it about. I also wouldn't say I have any sort of "sensitive" skin. Even harsh chemicals like Toluene and Acetone don't seem to get much of a reaction out of me.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm a bartender and sometimes I do catering work and have to work outside. I also have to dress fairly formally and shave before work so it can be particularly uncomfortable to be wearing formal attire and sweating like mad while trying to make drinks for 2 dozen people. even things like sunblock seem to make me sweat more, it's almost like the lotion saturates my skin and doesn't allow the sweat to absorb at all? I'm fairly certain it's no form of allergy, since it's not accompanied by any sort of redness, hives, or other discomfort and there doesn't seem to be any constant ingredient that brings it about. I also wouldn't say I have any sort of "sensitive" skin. Even harsh chemicals like Toluene and Acetone don't seem to get much of a reaction out of me.
Toluene :eek:

Lotions should not clog pores unless they are made with mineral oil. Mineral oil sits on the skin's surface and acts as a skin barrier.
Jojoba is technically a plant wax, not an oil, so that is a good choice.

Maybe your just slightly allergic to the balms.
I'am allergic to several balms and they make me sweat plus
it looks like I have one heck of a sun burn. :blushing:

Hydrocortisone Cream is my friend. :biggrin:
I also use booster and no problems

Just a thought

be careful with the use of hydrocortisone, it shouldnt be used for long time periods. i would say not for more then a month at a time, two weeks or less is best

I too suffer from the 'sweats'. I drive to work and just walking a few flights of stairs to the ofice makes me look like I've just been punk'd with a bucket of water. It's like I have a plastic bag over my head and am fighting for air. I think the DR Harris lotion coupled with the Kiels leave-in hair conditioner is a double whammy.

One of those hand-held little battery operated fans may be useful:confused: .

I must check out the jojoba. Thanks for the tip.

Paul

I'm a pretty sweaty person in general but musgo real balm doesn't make me more sweaty... that's the only one I've used enough to feel sure about it.

Top Bottom