What's new

Tabac Original Fragrance Question

I haved used Tabac After Shave for quite some time, and started using the Eau de Toilette not too long ago. It is getting time to reorder. However, I discovered through Basenotes.com that the fragrance (not just strength) is apparently different between the Eau de Toilette and the Eau de Cologne. Before I order, I would like to know what that difference in scent is. Basenotes doesn't help; only one individual says he likes one more than the other, but not why. The other contributors do not indicate which they are criticing. Help please!!!

John,

Are you familiar with the Tabac shave soap? If so, the cologne is a dead-ringer for the soap. The aftershave is also very much the same as the cologne. I have not used the EDT so I can't comment, but it seems that many here like the cologne version alot better.

Hope that helps, sorry it's not much information. The cologne is easily one of the best bang for the buck fragrances out there. A little goes a long way, and it lasts all day. Great stuff!

The EdC is MUCH better than the EdT IMHO. Smells a lot more like the AS, whereas the EdT is just synthetic flowery musk. The cologne is just a little more floral than the AS. Should match very nicely...

I just PIF'd my Tabac EDC yesterday. It's got that signature Tabac powdery, leathery scent. I actually really liked the smell, but found it didn't last very long. I like a scent that lingers around most of the day, and I noticed that by mid-day there was only very faint traces of the EDC left. Someday I will buy the AS as I've heard it hangs in there a little longer. If you're a Tabac fan though, there's nothing wrong with the EDC.

I just PIF'd my Tabac EDC yesterday. It's got that signature Tabac powdery, leathery scent. I actually really liked the smell, but found it didn't last very long. I like a scent that lingers around most of the day, and I noticed that by mid-day there was only very faint traces of the EDC left. Someday I will buy the AS as I've heard it hangs in there a little longer. If you're a Tabac fan though, there's nothing wrong with the EDC.

That is a shocker. I find Tabac EDC almost lasts too long. Almost. A splash of that stuff and I am in heaven for the day and into the evening. That juice is incredible.

Top Bottom