What's new

New Gear and New to Wet Shaving

I just ventured into wet shaving after years of using an electric razor. After a recent trip to the dermatologist to discuss the constant razor burn and bumps on my neck, I learned (through internet research) about DE shaving. I ordered several products listed below from bestgroomingtools.com. As a newbie I was hoping some of your more experienced guys could tell me how I did.

Thanks!

I've only been wetshaving a little more than a month but from what I've read here most people don't think too highly of merkur blades. The merkur razors are world class but the blades.....aren't held in the same regard. But one thing I've learned here is that if it works for you then great, it doesn't matter what other people say.

Shave on Brother:001_smile

Oh very nice tools... have you seen Mantic's videos on you tube, you should have a look at them all :biggrin:

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard. Nice starter set up. Watch the Mantic videos and order yourself a blade sampler pack from westcoastshaving.com.

Welcome GPS - nice choices to get started. Consider a blade sampler pack from someone like westcoastshaving.com as a priority purchase.

Welcome! So I've been wetshaving for 7-8 months now. My suggestions:
I've had a few razors, my current favorite is the Merkur slant- if you get it just use it like a regular razor. It gives the closest, smoothest shave. You can buy the west coast sampler pack, but let me save you the trouble and suggest Derby blades(#2) and Feather blades(#1) - you can't go wrong with these. Don't forget to get a good brush. You don't have to be a millionaire to shave like a millionaire.

Thanks for all your responses Gents! I'm into my third shave and things are improving each day. I now can't wait to get up in the morning and shave! I think I found a new hobby.

Welcome and congradulations on great choices. I would only recommend getting a sampler of blades. Your choice of the rest of your gear is great. Good luck and welcome to the site.

welcome aboard!!! I would also suggest getting the ampler pack. Then you'll start trying different creams, soaps, razors....

Welcome aboard!!. Yep, you're hooked, like the rest of us. DE shaving is a great 'MAN' ritual and hobby. You're off to a great start. I agree with others about Merkur blades. They give an uncomfortable, irritating shave. I put them on par with broken shards of glass. Try a pack of Personnas at Walmart for $1.50. They work great for me in all my razors.

Welcome to the board! Those look like fantastic tools. I too don't recognize the brush. I second the suggestion of looking at the mantic59 videos and reading the stickies on introduction to DE shaving. You have a lot to look forward to. I love the TOBS creams.

Best,

Top Bottom