What's new

edwin jagger best badger brush losing bristles

Well I recently started wet shaving. I just recently got my technique down but I noticed that every time I shave my brush loses a bristle or two. Is this normal. Is there some kind of warranty?

I bought the same brush about three months ago and mine has lost probably four or five bristles over that time. I don't notice this loss each shave though.http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/eek.gif
:eek:

Bristle loss seems fairly common during settling in and I'm sure some old hands will put you straight.

I don't imagine it would affect performance too much ( I think it's a great brush, although I only have an old Vulfix for comparison). If it bothers you then contact the seller.

No I soak my brush and mug in hot water but not scolding and I lather up with conk's almond. I haved shaved twice since and each time the brush loses 2-3 hairs.

If you have only used your brush two times expect to continue to loose a few more bristles over the next week and a half. If you continue to loose hair after two weeks, then I would contact Edwin Jagger, but relax, it is perfectly normal to loose a few bristles early on.

speeddemon1891 --

This happens with a new brush for a short while. Hair loss should diminish and largely cease over time. Use the brush for now. if you're still shedding hairs a month from now, then contact your vendor.

-- John Gehman

I meant I've used it twice since my last post. I have been using the brush for a total of about a month and a half now.

The same thing happened to me, it calmed down after a few months though - now it's a stray hair every 3-4 shaves, nothing to be worried about.

Top Bottom