What's new

Interesting happening as Subway

M

modern man

So the little lady and I decide to go to the Mecca of all hoagie shops…

Anyway, she wanted Subway so we went.

Here is the odd part. In her haste she forgot my debit card (you know she handles the money) we found this out AFTER the Sammie’s were made.

Game plan, she waits and I go get the card. NO, the manager says “you pay me later”.

Needles to say I could have had 16 dollars worth of food for free, yes I went back the next day and paid the man.

Just had to share this story because some times a word of honor or handshake dose mean something in this world.

If you are ever in the Grater Landover Area (near Six Flags) head on over to Subway... Eat Fresh.

Here is the odd part. In her haste she forgot my debit card (you know she handles the money) we found this out AFTER the Sammie’s were made.

Game plan, she waits and I go get the card. NO, the manager says “you pay me later”.

Needles to say I could have had 16 dollars worth of food for free, yes I went back the next day and paid the man.

Just had to share this story because some times a word of honor or handshake dose mean something in this world.

If you are ever in the Grater Landover Area (near Six Flags) head on over to Subway... Eat Fresh.

The bigger risk for the manager was whether you'd live through the experience of eating the subs.

Wow Doc. That's truly an impressive gesture, especially around here. I bank near that subway -- I'll have to stop in sometime. Thanks for restoring a tiny bit of my faith in PG County!

Good story to start my day. Contrary to what the media endlessly portrays, there are still many good people in the world.

You just offered another proof statement

M

modern man

Wow Doc. That's truly an impressive gesture, especially around here. I bank near that subway -- I'll have to stop in sometime. Thanks for restoring a tiny bit of my faith in PG County!

Your not the only one thinking that way of PG county.

It’s the one at the Target/Lowes Plaza on Campus Way (in front of the College), next to Blockbuster and Cluck U Chicken.

I was talking to the guy, they are privately owned, well as much as a Franchise can be.

...not that I am advertising for the place... :biggrin:

Your not the only one thinking that way of PG county.

It’s the one at the Target/Lowes Plaza on Campus Way (in front of the College), next to Blockbuster and Cluck U Chicken.

I was talking to the guy, they are privately owned, well as much as a Franchise can be.

...not that I am advertising for the place... :biggrin:

Thanks Doc -- I need to head to Lowe's soon anyway, so I'll stop in.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Boy, do I wish the world worked that way all of the time.

In my seemingly countless dealings over the internet, I had two similar experiences where a seller sent me their products before they received my payment. :eek: I feel eternally obligated to plug them for their great service.
www.lighthound.com
www.puerhshop.com

M

modern man

In my seemingly countless dealings over the internet, I had two similar experiences where a seller sent me their products before they received my payment. :eek: I feel eternally obligated to plug them for their great service.
www.lighthound.com
www.puerhshop.com

Flashlights and Tea, nothing but the best for Mr O. :cool:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”

Certainly it doesn't happen all of the time, but I too have experienced situations where people shock you in a good way with this type of behavior. In fact, I try to do similar things when dealing with folks and it truly blows them away... a lot of the time they think you are kidding.

When I was living in rural Indiana in the last few years, it was sort of commonplace for this to happen. Of course most of the time there, I felt I was on the soundstage of "Hoosiers" expecting Gene Hackman to walk out of the corner barber shop at anytime. If there is anyplace you can still feel like you are back in the 1950's..take a trip to rural Indiana. It will restore your faith in humanity.

It's amazing how much the random acts of kindness can brighten your day. One of the ones I've personally been on both sides of is when someone in front of you in a checkout line forgot their wallet or whatever. If it's under $10 and I'm in a good mood, I'll just pay for their item(s) and say it's my good deed for the day, and all I ask is that they return the favor to someone else. Then, if the day comes that it actually comes full circle back to you, you just gotta smile and put a little more faith in karma.

If there is anyplace you can still feel like you are back in the 1950's..take a trip to rural Indiana. It will restore your faith in humanity.

I agree so far as humanity is concerned. Unfortunately, so many of these places (my grandparents' town is a prime example) are getting decimated because they're used to applying this 1950s mentality where a man's good for his word, you trust people to not screw you over, etc to local firms that are moving deep-rooted blue collar jobs to Mexico, and street corners littered with meth-heads. Every time I go back there I become more and more certain that its a place that's going to need to face up to some very harsh realities soon. It makes me sick to think the Greatest Generation is going to all pass on and leave behind a world lacking in the common decency that they worked so hard to preserve. Maybe its just my glass-half-full perspective coming through, but its hard to ignore that so often, the esteemed people to which we refer and the places that they now live in are becoming worlds apart.

Good story to start my day. Contrary to what the media endlessly portrays, there are still many good people in the world.

You just offered another proof statement

+1000

The % or proportion of people who are simply good-natured vs. those who aren't has not changed through the ages.

My answer: don't watch the news, local or otherwise. Just read the scroll on a cable news network once in a while to get the "big stuff."

Landover, pffff. It would take me more than a free Subway sub to get me to go willingly out there:tongue:

M

modern man

Landover, pffff. It would take me more than a free Subway sub to get me to go willingly out there:tongue:

If you are ever near Addison Road/Garrett A. Morgan Blvd, look me up. I got your back. :gun_bandana:

www.lighthound.com
www.puerhshop.com

similarly, I had this experience when buying a pipe from frenchy...sent it in the mail after I asked about it...well before payment was made...
http://frenchyspipes.com

www.lighthound.com
www.puerhshop.com

I bought a razor from BJC in the B/S/T (yes, it rhymes:biggrin:) and I got word from him that he had sent it out before I had even sent the payment. Gentleman's Agreements...Yet another reason I like this place.:001_smile

This is something that is hard to find in a "big" city, but somewhat common in a small town. Moving from a town of 5,000 to Salt Lake City was quite an eye opener. When I rented my first apartment here, the lady told me to fill out a credit application and they would "let me know". Yet, I came from a town where I moved into my house before the closing papers were signed.

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I bought a razor from BJC in the B/S/T (yes, it rhymes:biggrin:) and I got word from him that he had sent it out before I had even sent the payment. Gentleman's Agreements...Yet another reason I like this place.:001_smile

Now that's what I'm talking about. :tongue_sm

I came from a town where I moved into my house before the closing papers were signed.

Randy

I thought I was the only person alive who had accomplished that, in NJ no less. Suffice it to say, Mrs. Ouch is extremely persuasive. :001_rolle

Just think of the liability involved!

www.lighthound.com
www.puerhshop.com

I used to get that kind of service from Heathkit (remember them?) ... back in the Navy, I used to mail-order a lot of kits from them to pass the time on board ship, and I'd pay with a personal check.

The first time I ordered, they held my order for 3 weeks while the check cleared, but once I was an established customer, they'd sent out the kit right away upon receiving the order, and I'd usually get their merchandise long before they got my money.

Top Bottom