What's new

Omega Brushes

Hi,

I was just thinking that you dont really see much talk about Omega brushes. What little you do see is about the cheapie synthetic ones.

Anyway... I have an Omega#641 and think its pretty good. Does anyone else have an Omega, or if not - why not?! Its not like we're afraid of having a couple :tongue:

Cheers.

Edit: Please tell me someone has one of these chess piece brushes!!!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I've got the plain wood handled boar Omega brush. It performs very well with soaps, and It's now old enough that it's pretty soft, but I still would like something abit floppier for creams.

I've got a 6214 Omega I've had for a couple years now... I used to love the thing, even compared to some of my far more expensive brushes... Then I got the SR 3128 and it was all over with... The Omega rarely gets touched anymore... :biggrin:

I bought a cheapie Omega brush at Shopper's Drug Mart the other day for about $13 or so.
The shaving oil I use on my skin is causing my badger brush to shed a bit, so I figured I'd use a cheap boar (or synthetic?) brush. This thing is SO stiff, it basically used up the 1cm thick puck of Tabac I had left. Although I must say the stiffness gave a rather invigorating lather, but I think I'll stick with my badger brush instead. I shouldn't have bothered buying this thing.

I've got an Omega 6215 (25mm Super). The badger hair is very fine and soft. It is a luxurious feeling when I'm in the mood for it.

I have a brownie junior boar brush and love it. It is firm and works wonders on soaps, yet it is surprisingly soft for boar. I was thinking about doing a review on it soon, but have not got around to it yet. Its an attractive brush and around 20 bucks. Its just great.

One thing about the brownie junior boar brush is that only one place on the face of the earth seems to carries it (emsplace). Does anyone happen to know another place that sells it?

I bought a cheapie Omega brush at Shopper's Drug Mart the other day for about $13 or so.
The shaving oil I use on my skin is causing my badger brush to shed a bit, so I figured I'd use a cheap boar (or synthetic?) brush. This thing is SO stiff, it basically used up the 1cm thick puck of Tabac I had left. Although I must say the stiffness gave a rather invigorating lather, but I think I'll stick with my badger brush instead. I shouldn't have bothered buying this thing.

King

Give that brush a week or two - they soften up fast and improve greatly as they do.

Best Regards

Graham

King

Give that brush a week or two - they soften up fast and improve greatly as they do.

Best Regards

Graham

+1

You can try giving it a shampoo and conditioner treatment, which will can help speed the softening process.

Your use of shaving oil should not cause your badger brush to shed - while shaving oil might gum up the bristles so that they don't retain as much water (which just means you need to clean your brush more often), they don't cause shedding.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have the 6215 also, and although I prefer smaller brushes, it's very luxurious and a pleasure to use. It has the softest tips of any brush I've tried. At ~$60, it was a terrific bargain.

I have the 6215 also, and although I prefer smaller brushes, it's very luxurious and a pleasure to use. It has the softest tips of any brush I've tried. At ~$60, it was a terrific bargain.

That's right! I had forgot all about that... There was quite a stir on here about those Omega brushes and how cheaply they were being sold by... mmmm... Pefect Beauty? someone on Amazon anyway... In fact, I remember it was like the next day so many of us had ordered them from here that they actually raised their prices way up... :lol:

I love my chrome handled Omega boar that they used to carry at Target, I wish I bought 2 more just in case. It stunk like wet dog for the better part of a week and almost landed in the trash, if it didn't lather so damn well it would have.

I love my chrome handled Omega boar that they used to carry at Target, I wish I bought 2 more just in case. It stunk like wet dog for the better part of a week and almost landed in the trash, if it didn't lather so damn well it would have.

Wouldn't a cream like Proraso take care of that pretty quick? :confused:

-Mason

I was using Proraso, I was also letting the cream set in for 30 minutes or so after the shave. The hair may have been foraged closer to the tail than the snout on my brush.:wink:

I believe I have the same brush, also from Shopper's. I used mine from the start with Proraso Green Soap. It softened up considerably and the "off" odour it had at the start has gone. I would suggest that you might want to give it a bit longer before you toss it. But if you do, $13 is not too great a loss.

Regards

I have a large Brownie Boar brush and a small Brownie badger. I think they are both fine brushes. I got a great deal on the boar as I bought it with some cosmetic flaws but it does a fine job on soaps. I would like to try one of the higher end synthetic Omega brushes so I am saving my pennies.

Im enjoying this wee Omega love-in.

Does seriously nobody have those awesome chess brushes though?

Top Bottom