What's new

New Intro....

Hello. I found this site on another site that I frequent and I decided to join.

I am interested in experimenting with new ways of shaving. I'm tired of the 3-blade deals.

Tonight I went and purchased a badger hair brush from Crabtree/Evelyn and some of their Sandalwood Shave Soap.

I will be making my own aftershave via a recipe I found on another site.

I am also watching eBay for a few black handled Vintage Gillette Adjustables.

I can't wait to get started. Any advice would be appreciated.

welcome aboard sounds like you're off to a good start:biggrin:
check the B/S/T here on this board some nice adjustables for sale there now
better than flea-bay:cool:
cheers
charliec

Welcome to B&B! Go to the buy sell and trade forum here and let everyone know what you are looking for and there is a very good chance someone here has what you want at a reasonable price. E-bay can be dicey at times.
From my limited experience here the folks take pride in what they sell and are very helpful!

Welcome to B&B, your in the right place for sure and it sounds like your direction is right in line for a great shave.
Remember to watch your blade angle and no pressure...You'll be fine.
Enjoy!!!

View attachment 27847View attachment 27848

Welcome to the B&B. You're off on the right foot. Check the stickys and You Tube tutorials for lather making and shave techniques. You might also find a good deal on a razor on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here at B&B. Pick yourself up a sample pack of blades at www.westcoastshaving.com; real cheap and shipping is next to nothing. Good luck and keep us posted.

Good suggestion... I just purchased the Standard Sample Pack. I will fine out what blades work with my face and purchase more of them.

A friend who has been DE shaving for a few years says he uses these Titanium blades from Walgreens. ?!?!?! I might borrow one from him and try it out too... but I'm not expecting great results. Maybe I'll use his blade to practice with!

I can't believe this website. I joined and within 30 minutes I have awesome advice, shown where to buy a cheap sample pack of blades AND bought a badass razor from the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum (black Gillette Adj from scottydoint).

Just AWESOME! I wish more forums were as helpful and inviting (and quick) as this one!

Welcome to the group. As mentioned, check out the stickies - tons of good info in them. Blades and razor all ready, looks like you've been assimilated quickly. Now go and enjoy

Hello. I found this site on another site that I frequent and I decided to join.

I am interested in experimenting with new ways of shaving. I'm tired of the 3-blade deals.

Tonight I went and purchased a badger hair brush from Crabtree/Evelyn and some of their Sandalwood Shave Soap.

I will be making my own aftershave via a recipe I found on another site.

I am also watching eBay for a few black handled Vintage Gillette Adjustables.

I can't wait to get started. Any advice would be appreciated.

Well I see that your in Central Florida, and your not far from Ocala or St. Cloud... hit up the thrifts shops and antique stores in town and you will find many many treasures... if for some reason you don't want to drive around town then hit the B/S/T section here on the forum. Welcome Aboard :biggrin:

Ocala and St. Cloud are a little drive for me... but my mother lives in The Villages and I have her on the hunt for me. I'm sure I'll have a chance to look when we go up and visit.

NO ONE can thrift and antique shop like my wife and mother. They are team that has yet to be beaten! LOL

Ocala and St. Cloud are a little drive for me... but my mother lives in The Villages and I have her on the hunt for me. I'm sure I'll have a chance to look when we go up and visit.

NO ONE can thrift and antique shop like my wife and mother. They are team that has yet to be beaten! LOL

I just hired my mother and my sister to hunt for me till my next visit in a few weeks :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome! There is a lot to learn, and many good ideas here. Just be careful...this can be the start of what are known as "acquisition disorders":biggrin:

There are people on the site with a great deal of experience than can help you through the learning process. Finding a combination of blade,razor, and shaving cream is largely trial and error for most of us but the people on the site can help eliminate some of the confusion. Again, welcome.

Top Bottom