What's new

looking for razor for senstive skin

Having sensitive skin myself, I use an English Tech (50's, early 60's perhaps). Very mild shaver - personal opinion - but much depends on the blades I think.
My favorites are Derby blades :001_smile

Having sensitive skin myself, I use an English Tech (50's, early 60's perhaps). Very mild shaver - personal opinion - but much depends on the blades I think.

Agreed. Back when I shaved with a DE, I found that the "Old Type" Gillette Tech was a very mild shaver. Also, the blue-tip Gillette TTO gives an equally mild shave.

The Slant's always being recommended if you have sensitive skin, but you do need to be careful with it. Your blade choice probly matters as much tho. I find Feathers extremely smooth and efficient but the Merkurs irritate me.

I use a ball-end Tech (no date code) when I need a break from more aggressive razors, and I find it to be very mild. I tried a blue tip TTO, but found it to be too mild, enough that I had to use pressure to get a close shave. I ended up with a few cuts.

Of the merkur range, I'd say the long handle classic. Very gentle razor on my skin. A progress dialled way down is mild as well. YMMV

Andy

There seems to be a consensus building for the Slim Adjustable here. It just so happens that I picked up a spare one for $3 at an antique shop this past weekend. PM me mailing details and I'll send it on to you, free of charge.

Best Regards

Graham

Go for a ball end Tech! I have one and while it is very mild, it gives a great shave. Actually I have three of them I like them so well!

Long Handle Classic with Dorco ST300 blades is an extremely soothing combination for me. The blades are cheap and I can't remember ever getting any irritation with them, and although they do feel a bit dull on your face, the end result is a smooth, clean face after four passes.

Andy

There seems to be a consensus building for the Slim Adjustable here. It just so happens that I picked up a spare one for $3 at an antique shop this past weekend. PM me mailing details and I'll send it on to you, free of charge.

Best Regards

Graham

A fine razor indeed... and an even finer offer. That's very generous of you Graham! You are indeed a gentleman.

Top Bottom