What's new

A few more Period Pieces

One of my best friends had just purchased a 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton and wanted some shots of his truck. My daughter tagged along and we made an afternoon of it. One of the most fun shoots I have done. This was also my first attempt at using photoshop to "relic" photo's.

And by the way......my friend uses a Gem single edge he purchased when he first started shaving. It's the only razor he's ever owned/used.:smile:

All shot with digital:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Amazing work. It really feels like old photos. You did a great job really taking the viewer back to the 50's. Awesome work.

I love the period-feel of the photos (a 1948-1950 Ford F-1 truck is on my long-term wish list--"flatheads forever!" as my father would say). Also, your daughter is a cutie, and very photogenic. I may have to return to 'real' photography as my little girl is only 8 weeks old and I'm already very jealous of my Mom's nice, new Canon Digital Rebel. Of course, she's also a natural artist, so no amount of gear could replace attention and skill. But still, it's a nice camera.

Nice work.

Thank you!

man those are GREAT!!! very nice:smile:

:smile:Thanks Charlie!

Thanks for the comment Ram!

Wonderful. Thanks for posting your work.

Thank you for viewing it!:wink:

Amazing work. It really feels like old photos. You did a great job really taking the viewer back to the 50's. Awesome work.

Thanks! I think I aged the photo's a *bit* much for a true 50's feel, but it's tough to know when to stop!

Very nicely done.

I could swear I've seen that guy before...

I think he has a bit of a Robert Duvall look about him.

Thanks!

you do very nice work. I find myself looking every other day or so to see if you have posted anything new.

Thank you....for the extreme compliment! Much appreciated!

I love the period-feel of the photos (a 1948-1950 Ford F-1 truck is on my long-term wish list--"flatheads forever!" as my father would say). Also, your daughter is a cutie, and very photogenic. I may have to return to 'real' photography as my little girl is only 8 weeks old and I'm already very jealous of my Mom's nice, new Canon Digital Rebel. Of course, she's also a natural artist, so no amount of gear could replace attention and skill. But still, it's a nice camera.

Thanks for the kind words and you should borrow your mom's Rebel occasionally. I'm a Nikon shooter, but the Rebel is a great camera and lots of fun to use. Start shooting our little girl now....time flies and you don't want to miss a moment of it!

Wonderful photos. Found myself thinking of Peter Bogdanovich's film "Paper Moon" while I was looking @ them.

Your daughter's beautiful. Good luck in a few years. :biggrin:

Thanks for posting!

Evan

Wonderful photos. Found myself thinking of Peter Bogdanovich's film "Paper Moon" while I was looking @ them.

Thanks for posting!

Evan

Paper Moon = Good Catch!! That was, loosely, what I was going for!!

Thanks for the comments/compliments. Very much appreciated!

Thanks for posting!

Evan

+1 The first thing I thought of was Tatum Oneil, in a Paper moon, but your daughter has great eyes! and so do you, keep up the great work, art, craft.

Looks very similar to my old photos. Only difference that I see in my old snapshots and these are the faces are much more crisp. Totally intended I was imagine, but yea, that is the only difference I see. Excellent work. I love black and white pics and this antiqued looks is a nice deviant of that. You have a gift sir.

Again, you have a gift Stu.. Tremendous!
Wayne

PS.. you have "2" gifts.. a talent and an angel! She is a doll!

Wayne

Top Bottom