What's new

Thing you have to do once in a lifetime ?

Go to Thailand, pay a restaurant owner 30 bucks, **** of a king cobra for half an hour, then drink its blood and venom and eat the rest.

I want to run with the bulls in Pamplona too.

And visit the Amazon rainforest which I happen to be doing in about 6 months

Mine's pretty simple.

Visit New London, Connecticutt, where my family spent our first 100 years or so in what would later become America. Find that first ancestor's grave.

Visit Spayne's Hall, Great Yeldham, Essex, England, where he was born and raised before sailing here.

Visit Normandy, France. Find the ancestral family estate (we're in the Great Roll of 1180).

Collect a vial of soil from all three.

NANP™

Wow, small world. New London is one of my neighboring towns. I'm located about ten minutes east of it. Cheers :lol:

I tried thinking about it and realized that if it was something I really wanted to do, I did it. Glad I got it done before I got married.

Try a snifter of Louis XIII cognac. That's one you'll remember on life support, after your wife whacks you over the head for spending a hundred bucks on one drink!:wink:

Wow, small world. New London is one of my neighboring towns. I'm located about ten minutes east of it. Cheers :lol:

Well, we were there for the American Revolution (my 7-greats direct ancestor served in the Connecticutt Militia and was at Fort Griswald) but I'd have to check to see how long after that it was before we started "westering." Got there in 1634 or 1654, depending on which set of documents one believes.

NANP™

Zip Lining in Mexico.

That was one of those "once in a lifetime" things a friend of my wife decided to do. It was also the last thing she did during her lifetime. :frown:
It was a shore excursion from a cruise, somewhere in the Caribbean I believe.

theres no bull encierros in madrid, some of the villages and towns have them, but not madrid central, you mean pamplona which is in northen spain,

There are some things I want to do before I leave this veil of tears. Most of them are things that I do (or work toward) on a daily basis.

#1 Be the best husband my wife could ever have...

And good on you.

I suspect the world would be a more pleasant place with a few more of those sort of values.

I'm working towards similar things, although I have a few selfish aims in the cupboard.

Last year, I realised one of the biggies and visited Ranville in France where my fiancee's grandfather fought.

I've started playing real tennis, even if I am completely useless at it so far!

I'm working on a book about WWII airfields (there's a few pics and scribbles here)

I'm still aiming to sing at least one concert with these lads The Tallis Scholars - but that's just a complete pipedream.

But, most important, I'm going to live every day to the absolute fullest, realise all the potential I can and wring every last drop out of life there is.

I want to travel europe and eat food, drink wine, and go to all the castles.
I would also like to go to asiatic country's. Get a bespoke suit, shoes, shirt, and a Personalized Dodd's hat amongst other things.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No matter what's on your list, live your life so you are proud of what you did, proud of what you didn't do, and free from coulda-woulda-shoulda regrets.

And remember, when it comes to regrets, "I wish I hadn't gone mountainclimbing, now I have this limp" sure beats the heck out of "I wish I hadn't cheated on my wife, now I have weekend access."

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
No matter what's on your list, live your life so you are proud of what you did, proud of what you didn't do, and free from coulda-woulda-shoulda regrets.

And remember, when it comes to regrets, "I wish I hadn't gone mountainclimbing, now I have this limp" sure beats the heck out of "I wish I hadn't cheated on my wife, now I have weekend access."

"I wish I hadn't gone mountainclimbing, now I have this limp" sure beats the heck out of "I wish I hadn't cheated on my wife, now I have this limp."

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
"I wish I hadn't gone mountainclimbing, now I have this limp" sure beats the heck out of "I wish I hadn't cheated on my wife, now I have this limp."

You think you'd get away with just a limp?

Now that's funny!
I don't have to worry about that sort of thing. My wife is a pretty good shot, I doubt she would wing me if she ever got that mad. Of course if I ever pulled a stunt like that on her, I'd deserve it.

Circumnavigation using sail and stars as much as is practical.

There is one person I would abandon the whole idea for, fortuanatly she is behind it.

Top Bottom