What's new

Acquisitions Monday September 4th - Sunday September 10th

L'Occitane Score today. Picked up more of their wonderful Eas des Bergers A/S as well as the CADE balm for samples. I grabbed a bunch of shave cream samples as well. Also snagged a nice Kenneth Cole watch which is much nicer than the picture shows. Lastly, a trip by the health food store yielded a Kiss My Face Lavender shave cream, not shown.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a couple of new items!:001_smile
full

Merkur Slant
Pinaid Clubman After Shave

Sorry about the low quality photo

Okay guys- I have the full line of Proraso shaving stuff (minus the after shave splash) and am extremely satisfied with it, but I wanted to try some new stuff. I’m pretty sure the Trader Joe's shave cream is made by Alba. It smells really good and i can't wait to use it.

proxy.php

-CRABTREE & EVELYN Best Badger Brush
-CRABTREE & EVELYN Nomad Shaving Cream and Cologne
-Clubman Nick Relief
-Williams Mug Shaving Soap
-Trader Joe's Moisturizing Cream Shave: Honey Mango
-TARGET brand bowl (looks really cool for a shaving dish)

and i almost forgot- I bought this Caldo Small Tote for $14 (genuine leather) at Target this week and it came with a $5 gift card- GREAT VALUE!!! I can't wait to go on another vacation and pack up my shaving gear into this bad boy.

proxy.php

From TomH:

Pitralon Swiss a/s
Pitralon Classic a/s
Lider Polish shaving cream (a bonus!)

Traded for a tub of JM Fraser shaving cream and a bottle of the same company's Aquarius a/s.

Thanks Thomas!

I also got a 10 pack of Israeli blades from another member in exchange for 10 GEM blades.

Gotta love the trades!

Finally I recieved my Scotto super a/s sample package last week - great to get a bunch of goodies just before a weekend trip to the country!

Here's my new stuff since yesterday:

proxy.php

Topleft is a gold plated Aristocrat in excellent condition. Even though it's used, there's no real wear noticeable! I can't find any datecode on it but maybe I'm looking at the wrong place (any help would be appreciated!)

Bottom left should normalle be a Gillette Rocket. It doesn't mention any datecode therefore I assume it's made in 1954. It's made in England. As you can see it is also in excellent condition! The weird color on the handle is due to the lighting and my rather limited digital camera. It's nicely clean and no rust or wear either.

On the right is what I think some sort of Gillette New in excellent condition. The handle is identical to this one although the head is a little different. No datecode on this one either.

I will upload a photo of my acquisitions of last week as well but I'll do that once my other stuff arrives. As you can see, RAD has kicked in in the purest way!

If I'm missing the ball on identifying these razors, please correct me then. I'm still a newbie in all this wetshaving world and certainly when it comes down to razor identification. :wink:

Arrived today from Canada:

-1 bottle of BOOSTER Aquarius A/S lotion
-1 tub of J.M Fraser shaving cream

For both of them a great THANK YOU Chris (Suzuki)

Thomas

P.S.I want to post a pic, but the last try was a flop (to large), so I think I forget it...:blush:

Thanks for the compliment. As far as I can tell, the quality is really good. Its no $135 bag from a boutique company, but it sure looks and smells fantastic. Like i said, Target is giving away a $5 gift card (at least yesterday they did) when you buy this. Great value-

mpisarcik said:
Thanks for the compliment. As far as I can tell, the quality is really good. Its no $135 bag from a boutique company, but it sure looks and smells fantastic. Like i said, Target is giving away a $5 gift card (at least yesterday they did) when you buy this. Great value-

What section did you find it in?

i found this bag right underneath the Proraso stuff. Right near the Caldo bath stones and razor set. Gotta love that section-:biggrin:

Hmmm, didn't I just get a bunch of stuff yesterday? Oh, well.

Today's loot:
full

Floris Santal A/S splash
Floris JF A/S splash
and a couple of items to test (soap & cream) from a fellow member

Ashe said:
Bottom left should normalle be a Gillette Rocket. It doesn't mention any datecode therefore I assume it's made in 1954. It's made in England. As you can see it is also in excellent condition!

1954 Gillette Rocket.

Did it come from France?

Top Bottom