What's new

Osage Rub Review Thread

I like Osage rub, but boy is it potent. I mean, the fumes actually make my eyes water for a while. I think those fumes are more from the Eucalyptus content rather than the menthol. It works like a charm in cooling and toning up your face though.

If you want a similar menthol kick without the eye-watering part, Stephan Alpine Menthol is very nice.

My barber uses Osage rub as an aftershave on the back of my neck. I like the feel of it but I'm not too sure about the smell.

LOL.. except for the one's I have called ;-).. If you find it around here, Pizzaguy, let me know..
Wayne

Where can you buy this? I am wondering if Online is my only bet..
Wayne

I bought mine from Atlanta Barber and Beauty, and the shipping was very reasonable. It's a great place to buy all kinds of old-school aftershaves.
I've also started using Osage more and more, and I'm becoming a big fan. It's particularly nice when followed up with something like Men-U balm or Everyman Jack aftershave gel.

I bought mine from Atlanta Barber and Beauty, and the shipping was very reasonable. It's a great place to buy all kinds of old-school aftershaves.
I've also started using Osage more and more, and I'm becoming a big fan. It's particularly nice when followed up with something like Men-U balm or Everyman Jack aftershave gel.
Yeah.. I'm just cheap.. so buying something that I pay more for shipping than the product itself has always been something I avoid if possible.. So far, I'm striking out on every place in Raleigh..
Wayne

OK.. so I FINALLY call the parent company for Clubman and found that they don't distribute Osage Rub anywhere in NC .. I then look at the Texax Beauty Supply which many have posted and see that the minimum order would be 3 bottles (approx 15.00) and I would have to pay 9.00 in shipping ... anybody have ANY ideas of how to get this stuff cheaper and without buying a lifetime supply?

Wayne

PS.. Nix this.. just found it here and reasonable shipping: rysbarbersupplies.com

UPDATE.. had the following email:
Hello Wayne,

Thank you for contacting us. I have a list of stores that carry the
Osage Rub for you, hope one of them is close by you:

Norwood Barber Supply, Norwood, NC - 704-982-2298
Bowman B & B Supply, Wilmington, NC - 910-791-0246
Miller's B & B Supply, Forest City, NC - 704-248-1357
KC & L, INC, Raleigh, NC 919-881-3182

Hope that this help, and while you're looking for it, I'll send you a
complimentary bottle of the famous Clubman Osage Rub.

Have a Great Weekend!

Warm regards,
Dee Finn-Marketing

Those of you fellow Atlanta folk, Atlanta Barber Supply(same as online store) is downtown off Mitchell St near the Capitol:) Plan on taking a Marta trip this week to check it out. A/S collection looks incredible including the Osage Rub:)

I feel like I've discovered the holy grail of aftershaves. It starts with a slight alcohol burn followed by a very strong menthol blast. There is very little lasting scent, which for me is a good thing. I don't want a scent. The overall effect is very invigorating.

It might be a bit much in cold weather, but this is keeper.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Osage Rub is indeed one of the iciest splashes I have used.
The problem is the smell.

I do know where they get the "Rub" part of the name though...

I happen to like the smell. I like the eucalyptus and faint lime smell. I also love a frost-bitten face.:velva2:

Did a double splash this morning and followed it up with Aqua Velva!

Its a unique product all right. When the chill hits, it really smacks the face with a thermonuclear sort of frost. I don't use it often, but when I do, its because nothing else will do the deep freeze I want for that particular day.

Chris

I use Osage Rub as a hair tonic. First Time I used it it was like liquid hellfire on the scalp. Now that I have gotten used to it it still makes my head all tingly. It is a great pick me up in the morning and makes my hair more manageable.

Top Bottom