What's new

Does anyone still use 4711?

S

shinobiendo

It was my first cologne and I still love it. The smell disappears rather quickly:rolleyes: Anyone still use it regularly?

proxy.php

smells pretty good, better than most budget colognes and aftershaves. Apparently bottles of this were issued to U-boat crews in WW2 to help mask body odour.

It does provide a wonderful 5-10 minutes. I keep it at the office for the occassional afternoon spritz.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have the edt and aftershave. I have tried the body soap as well. I do enjoy it once in a while. Usually a weekend, hanging around feeling will lead me to use it.

I still enjoy it. I use it after an evening shower prior to going to bed or yard work.

Now that's quite the dandy! Echt Kölnisch Wasser before lawn work? WOW!!:w00t:

I remember a hot summer day at the Frankfurt zoo.. Bought a spray bottle before entering the Great Ape area.. Thank goodness!!!:idea:

I still have a bottle of the cologne and the aftershave. The aftershave is a little crude (burns a bit more than some and the smell doesn't last) but its quite nice in the summer.

It does provide a wonderful 5-10 minutes. I keep it at the office for the occassional afternoon spritz.

Are you kidding? I've heard it was short lived, but I thought that meant a couple of hours...

I've read on reviews that the Farina cologne is better? Never tried either. Has anyone tried both and can you give a comparison if so?

It's a nice summer shot. I tend to reach for the Marie Farina more often - it's a bit better constructed but the same idea - a quick refreshing blast and then it's gone.

I actually tried this for the very first time today at Boots (UK Chemist) and was quite supprised at how nice this was.

It actually reminded me of Acqua Di Parma Colonia . . . so much so that I don't think I will be buying any more.

The only thing that stopped me buying a bottle was the fact that it was a splash only - not atomiser.

Buy an atomizer my good man! :cool:

I asked if they would sell me the spray top from the tester bottle they had - which they wouldn't - so they lost a £15 / $30 sale. They did point me towards some £2 50ml plastic atomisers but they'd already lost me at that point.

However, this was a very small branch of Boots. I'll be in town in a few days to see if the bigger stores have the spray.

Top Bottom