Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still use 4711?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by copperhead View Post
    I have the 4711 Aftershave and like it a lot but as stated the smell is short lived.
    Used mine today.
    --
    Erik

its a nice "clear up the atmosphear" scent, if not on yourself, its something nice to spray around the house in small ammounts,
    A man who has died with no regret is a man who is either a fool or a psychopath,

There are things you can not apologize for, the ability to carry the consequences for your actions is the mark of a true man,

I love it, but will never buy a bottle of it cos it only lasts about 25 minutes on me. I have a similar complaint with the R&G Farina (which I find has a slightly better balance).
    Steve

Question Original Eau de Cologne

Has someone tried the very original Eau de Cologne (Farina gegenüber)? Or the Authentique Eau de Cologne de l'Empereur Napoléon 1er nearly as old as the 4711? Both are still sold nowadays.
    -Captain Hirsutz

[I]When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.[/I]

Just saw some of this with a patient the other day. I complimented her on her style. She warmed to me, the boss was impressed as she is known to be rather caustic. Ahhh, the power of a little schmooze!
    Not only Leo's dad but Sophia and Max's too!

Images

I use the cologne on days when something heavier is not appropriate, or occasionally when I just want something light that doesn't stay with me all day. I love the smell and I wish there was a version that lasted longer, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice the original to get a new and 'improved' version anywhere down the line.
    I sedederserve to lose some man points

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsutz View Post
    Has someone tried the very original Eau de Cologne (Farina gegenüber)? Or the Authentique Eau de Cologne de l'Empereur Napoléon 1er nearly as old as the 4711? Both are still sold nowadays.
    I believe that this is the Roger and Gallet Maria Farina. I use it a lot in the summer, a bit better quality than 4711 but quite similar and same price bracket - short and sweet. It was the 200 year anniversary in 2006, when Proctor and Gamble bought R&G they discontinued it earlier this year. It is (or at least was) a beer budget Bois de Cedrat IMO. You might still get a bottle on line if you're interested.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by blantyre View Post
    It is (or at least was) a beer budget Bois de Cedrat IMO. You might still get a bottle on line if you're interested.

Bois de Cedrat; is this plain lemon and cedar?
    Irena,

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FatboySlim View Post
    I love 4711. That first citrus note is so fresh and perfect, just wish it lasted longer.
    Couldn't agree more. I love it, but it doesn't last. Although I suppose when this was newly created, people didn't expect to get hours and hours of scent. I use this very frequently, and year round.
    Scooter~ ...and I guess you'd say I'm on my way to Burma Shave...

I have been meaning to try this for some time. Is there anything better as far as scent goes or is this the must have?
    [B]David[/B]

"[I]I don't give people much credit these days; some would call that cynicism or pessimism. I call it realism[/I]". - Rorschuck

Quote Originally Posted by prewt View Post
    I have been meaning to try this for some time. Is there anything better as far as scent goes or is this the must have?
    Well, I like it and I'm a girl. :)
    Irena,

I use 4711 cologne as an aftershave in the warmer months. I also splash a bunch on after a shower sometimes. It disappears rather quickly... but I love it while its there.
    - Andrew

I tried it and quite liked it, but never bought it because of the very short lifespan on my body- gone in less than 30 minutes. I know that's kinda the idea for 4711, but I wanted longer life. For my nose and budget, Hoyt's cologne smells similar (better and more masculine in my opinion) and lasts several hours longer on my skin.

14. Default

I love it. I think its one of the greatest scents ever made.

Images

I use it. Today, I just used the aftershave. Nice, but as stated above, it is fleeting. But sometimes fleeting isn't such a bad thing. Sometimes I use it just to freshen up say several hours after a shower.
    Cheers,

Bob

I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to live like one. - Dean Martin

Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-9
    Proud Member of the Eagle Group Buy of 2010
    Soap For Hope is the Key - 2011
    The 3017 Journey - 1/1/2010 to 12/31/2013

Images

Quote Originally Posted by drumana View Post
    I use 4711 cologne as an aftershave in the warmer months. I also splash a bunch on after a shower sometimes. It disappears rather quickly... but I love it while its there.
    +1,that's exactly how I like to use it!
    Bob

Images

I just found a bottle of 4711 my dad had for many years. I like the way it smells and wears off fast.

I still use it every couple of weeks or so. I use it as a body splash though.
    You are what you is, and that's all it is.

I bought a 200ml bottle from Winners a few weeks ago and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I've splashed it on some days when I could use a pick me up, I couldn't wear it as a going-out scent because it would fade too quickly. Such a shame.

It's great in the summer when you need to freshen up and cannot take a shower. Perfumania has this stuff for $5.99. Great stuff!

http://www.perfumania.com/shop/mothe...1003638.3.html

CHEERS!

--T