What's new

Montale

S

Sam

What is your favorite in the line? Sometimes, I like Black Aoud, and sometimes, I don't think it projects as much or lasts as long as the others.

Attar: Lasts well on me, but a little to bright. Heading towards the COlonia in that it almost gets powdery, But bright roses.

Damascus: Can't decide if I like this the best. Great longevity, and maybe a compromise between Black and Attar.

Aromatic Limes: Nice, pleasant, but that is it. Not much in limes

Auod Limes: I get compliments with this.

Red Auod: Surprised me. Spicy with saffron. Medium longevity

I can't decide between Damascus, Black or Attar as far as roses. I want something that projects (so I can smell it) and lasts.

Sam

White Aoud for hunting :wink:
Rose Petals Aoud The oud is not as strong and the roses are not as sweetly feminine as in other Aouds
Roses Musk. Tangy roses
Red Vetyver. Nice combination of green notes and dry spices.
White Musk. Very well blended. Unfortunately I find it too simple to buy a full bottle.

*On me damascus last for 4 hours :confused:

I've only tried Black Aoud and I like it a lot. The aoud component distinguishes it then the pleasant rose note holds up very well. It's a much livelier rose scent that C&S #88 which has a smoky edge. Both excellent though.

S

Sam

I get some smokey rose from Fumerie Turque, but not much rose. But 88 on me has a soap component.

S

Sam

Red Vetyver

I am wearing this today from as samplel. I am not good at describing notes and stuff, but I got the spiciness of say the pepper in Piper Nigrum, but this is a smoother version of that pepper note. I get something that tempers the spiciness, so I cant say if it is grapefruit or not. It projects, but not as much as Piper Nigrum. Incredibly smooth.

I have bought full bottles of White Aoud and Black Aoud and feel that they are different enough and both worthy of purchase. I found Red Aoud to be a very hectic mix that smeels good but a little 'too much'. Aoud limes is fantastic and has the greatest saffron note I have ever smelt. Fougere Marines and Red Vetyver are my favourite non-Aouds.

S

Sam

Red Aoud smelled pretty good, but got to a vanilla-like situation. I want a rose Montale, and so Black is it so far, but I read good things about Rose Petals and Queen's roses.

On the non-Auods, Red Vetyver. Red Aoud was spicy and yes, I loved that saffron note. But it got to getting sweet and salty. On me, I get the spicy pepper of the Red Vetvyer, not as potent as Piper Nigrum, and it stays spicy whereas Piper goes to a creamier spice. No mint in Red Vetyver, but mint comes out in Piper

If you are looking for roses then maybe you should try Oud Queen Roses which has a very strong Rose/Incense theme on similar lines to C&S 88 but deeper I feel. Aoud Damascus also has a good dose of rose but is not the greatest Montale for longevity and silage.

I find that Black Aoud is more of a Oud/Patchouli combo with rose in the background.

S

Sam

Ah, Queen Roses or Rose Petals, that is my problem
I am thinking Aoud Limes and Red Vetyver are great also.

If I go with a Roses one, I like the darkness of C&S 88 but not its soapy. I thought Attar was too sweet and Damascus was okay. Black was too aoud and patchouli, that is right

Comments?

I haven't tried Golden Aoud yet but I did pick up a sampler of Sliver Aoud from luckyscent. It's very interesting and fans of Acqua di Parma Colonia should like it. It has some of the nice citrus and flora qualities of AdP and it lasts much longer. Beware the first few minutes though, it's got some pretty harsh top notes but they evaporate quickly.

I like the Damascus. My favorite rose. Unfortunately, it is too expensive for my tastes so I just splash on some Thayer's Rose Water. With the exceptions of Czech and Hammam, there isn't that many rose colognes for men.

Black Aoud is a stable for me, though I have never purchased a full 100ml bottle (living off dabs of a decant for the past year). Its strong, deep, dark, and beautiful

Red Aoud, I just don't get; I get this weird almond? note that bobs throughout the dry down. Its not that I don't like almonds, just the sweet, almondy milk-y smell throws it off for me.

Aoud Attar is too sweet and powdery

Aoud Damascus rosey, sweeter than Black Aoud, rosier, and more powdery. I initially liked it because of the less dominant aoud, but now it seems inferior to black aoud.

Blue Amber is amber done right. Nuff said.

Boise Vanille is a woodsy vanilla. Not the sweet stuff you find in Hagen Daaz, this is a great fragrance. Though i dislikeed the bitter wood notes from the initial spray, somewhere along the line in the drydown it morphed into something beautiful; powdery and elegant. This may not be the best vanilla out there (espcially for its price)

I want to try Royal Aoud, Golden Aoud and Aoud Limes, but I dont think now is the time to splurge

Top Bottom