What's new

New to wetshaving any advice...

I am new to the forum and wet shaving. What do you think about this for an initial set:

Merkur HD
Rooney 3/1 vs C&E Super vs Shavemac 510 - Any thoughts??
Taylor Avocado

Thanks in advance...this wet shaving is looking more and more like a new found obsession.

Welcome!

You have come to the right place to get information, that is for sure.I would only go WTG (with the grain) for at least 3 shaves to get the hang of it.

Later,
Richard

I am new to the forum and wet shaving. What do you think about this for an initial set:

Merkur HD
Rooney 3/1 vs C&E Super vs Shavemac 510 - Any thoughts??
Taylor Avocado

Thanks in advance...this wet shaving is looking more and more like a new found obsession.

Welcome!
Despite the mumbo jumbo muttered by the mob, remember this is only shaving, not rocket science. With a bit of common sense and practice, you'll have it well in hand before long.

Welcome to B&B! I think all of your choices for your initial set up are great. Personally I like the Rooney option. For 75 bucks you will get an excellent quality brush, should you decide to upgrade later fine, if not you will have a brush that can do it all. Happy Shaving

yo; welkkomen!
remember - take your sweeeeeeeeet time and shave as slowly as you can. develop your technique carefully and deliberately. you'll be rewarded with excellent shaves.
cheers!

Welcome to B&B! I can personally recommend the HD, the Rooney, AND the Taylor's Avocado - all excellent choices.

Welcome, you've got a nice set up there. Read around in the stickies and get a blade starter pack, you will be happy you did.

Take your time, especially in the first week, but always thereafter too. :biggrin:

It's just shaving, but it is different. People have been shaving themselves this way since the late 1800s, so if it was all that dangerous it would not have lasted that long.

Thanks for all of the replies. Well, I did it last night. Pulled the trigger on the HD razor, Rooney 3/1, and the Taylor avocado. I ordered from vintageblade, they had good prices and they seemed reputable based on some comments on B&B. Now if only I could find a place to get a bunch of samples of different shave creams, razors, and aftershave. Any ideas? I will keep you all posted on how the order turns out and my review of the products.

Welcome. Some advice on the razor blade samples: find a blade that you are comfortable with and learn to shave. Postpone the experimenting with different blades until later.

Top Bottom