What's new

What's the best mid-range men's shampoo and conditioner?

Woody's Daily Shampoo (12-oz.) for 11 bucks. Sally's Beauty carries Quantum 33-oz. shampoo at a similar price. The Woody's is great; haven't tried the Quantum yet but been meaning to.

Creme of nature. Maybe 7 or 8 bucks for a big bottle.

I used it when I had hair that was past my shoulders braided.

I found it because I googled shampoos that are good for black hair a few years ago, and it was the one most locally availible.

If it's good for sensitive hair, it's good for all; you could also take your shaving brush and make some lather with a more natural soap and go that route tried that today too but I ended up using 'real' shampoo as well (Pert 2 in 1) just because I'm growing my hair right now so I'd rather make sure. If I find a good hair soap, I'll tell you this was just a regular shaving soap.

I also use Mane 'n Tail, it works great and is very inexpensive. I like that it doesn't have much of a scent to it. I also purchased some Jake's Conditioner from Soapbox Shaveshop and it works very well. Again, not much of a scent but nice and thick.

I don't know if it's really mid-range, but Aveda makes some men's shampoos that work well and smell good.

Aveda products are considered high-end products in my area. They indeed work veeery well and smell good, but the smell, although refreshing, is very strong in most of their products. This is something one has to think about when investing $25+ on a bottle of Aveda's shampoo or any of their products.

Things like American Crew and Redken are mid-range according to my experience and what I've read.

I grew up using Pert, it got the job done.
I then later switched to the Aussie brand of shampoos, conditioners, and hairspray, and that worked well for me.
I then switched to the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree brand of shampoo and leave-in conditioner, and that worked really for me.
Now I use shampoo bars, and they work amazingly well for me. I recommend Mike's Natural Soaps and Mystic Waters brands of shampoo bar.

I have pretty good hair so I can really get away with just about any shampoo.

Redken Extreme Shampoo: smells like cotton candy which I think is different and pretty pleasant.
American Crew: It's ok and I'll pick a bottle up once in a while, but it's not something I have to have.
Nexxus: I have a 1.5L bottle I bought at least a year and a half ago at Sam's Club and isn't even 1/4th gone. For about $26 it can't be beat. It leaves my hair feeling the best.

Top Bottom