What's new

What's the best mid-range men's shampoo and conditioner?

I wasn't aware that men had different needs than a women, other than scent of course which can be adjusted since it's the main active ingredients that make the difference.

Personally I make my own shampoo and conditioner so i can scent it with anything that I want. I do not use a premade base, mine is made from all individual ingredients that I buy and weigh them out and mix them up. My shampoo is made without SLS (sodium laureth sulfate)which there is a growing number of people who can't use that because it's a detergent. I also add silk, hydrolyzed wheat protein and panthenol B5 to take it up a notch.

But my hubby who use to only be able to use head and shoulders now loves my shampoo without having flakes.

My daughter I use to get after her for not rinsing good enough because her hair looked greasy. But that is no longer an issue now that she switched as well.

And I get a great product in my favorite scents !!!
And the conditioner is awesome as well.

I am currently using shampoo bars...basically just a bar of soap for shampooing...and now i dont need conditioner...hair feels soft and not oily or dry

I asked this same question about finding an upscale shampoo/conditioner several months ago, and the responses are the same.

Finally, I settled on Infusium-23, which runs about $15 for all 3 bottles. Yes, THREE bottles. Shampoo, Conditioner, and an in-between the showers treatment that can be applied to either wet or dry hair.

It works quite well, it has a neutral scent, and it does good things for my hair.

A little bit hard to find in drugstores, but its available from places like www.drugstore.com

I picked up some Jack Black a while back and haven't used anything since. It's a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. The bottles that I have now are 6 months old and still about 3/4 of the way full. They smell really good and leave my hair feeling good too.

I am currently using shampoo bars...basically just a bar of soap for shampooing...and now i dont need conditioner...hair feels soft and not oily or dry

Is that from Lush? I think I'm going to hit one of their stores while I'm in New York next week.

+1 on the Infusium 23.
I have thick full body type hair and 23 works really nice.
I really like the leave in conditioner too.

Y

yngch

Buy Rusk conditioner. You will be pleasantly surprised. It's not cheap for a drug store brand. It's like 11 something dollar but it's better than khiel's conditioner you will feel. It's nothing you have ever used. It's not sticky. It washes away instantly and you will feel very refreshed instantly. I promise you that you will be pleasantly surprised. I found it in Duane Reade drug store.

- Axe makes excellent shampoos and conditionners; yep, Axe :001_smile

- L'Oreal Men Thickening

- Got2Be Squeaky Clean

The only stuff I have found is either really cheap quality (Men's Suave) or way too expensive (American Crew, etc.). I

It seems that in the world of hair care american crew is considered somewhat mid-ranged.

American Crew definitely mid-range. My wife brought home some Alterna caviar shampoo and conditioner. That is some expensive stuff... i thought it was great, but I think it all depends on your hair type... dry, normal, oily, thin, average, thick...

If you have an ULTA near you, they'll hook you up with the appropriate stuff.

I have been wanting to try a different shampoo/conditioner anyway and I looked up the American Crew but deemed it too expensive to order online. I had to go to town so I stopped in CVS to see what they have that I might like and low and behold they have the AC. I bought the shampoo and conditioner w/tea tree oil for about $10 each I think. I used them tonight already and I must say I enjoy the smell of the shampoo well enough. Quite masculine but the conditioner reminds of me of the smell of wild mushrooms when you break them open. That is my only con to the pair. I like it much better than the Suave for Men I usually buy. I definitely feel like my hair and scalp are healthier after just one use. Just thought I would share.

Whole Foods carries Avalon Organics products. I recommend peppermint shampoo and rosemary conditioner. They're usually about $7 or $8 a bottle for 11oz. Really good stuff.

$0004589306359_500X500.jpg I have using this for 3 years and I am very happy with it.

I bought a gallon of Dr Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap a long long time ago (3 years?) I've been using that as both my shampoo and body wash (distributed to different bottles for portability) Ever since, ended up being pretty cheap and I find the performance is just great.

Back when I had hair and used shampoo I was all over the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. Seems like I remember it being close to that $20 mark though, but it was a pretty large bottle.

Top Bottom