What's new

Dr Bronner shaving gel and regular soap

Is this any good for people who are looking for a natural and organic shaving gel ? Or are the top qaulity shaving gels and creams already natural enough as I see lots of them have not many chemicals in them.

Im considering getting it to use as a less chemical brand of shaving cream .

Good luck. I too have been trying but with little luck. I wrote Kiss My Face and they said in the future they will have an organic cream.

Is this any good for people who are looking for a natural and organic shaving gel ? Or are the top qaulity shaving gels and creams already natural enough as I see lots of them have not many chemicals in them.

Im considering getting it to use as a less chemical brand of shaving cream .

I've shaved with the liquid soap and the bar soap (Dr. Bronner). The liquid soap was atrocious, although it's possible I mixed it wrong (but I doubt it). The bar soap wasn't bad. If you are deciding on a Dr. Bronner soap, probably give that one a try.

Also remember even naturally made soaps use caustic chemicals derived from ashes or other substances to saponify the fats/oils used. Often there are extra additives to keep the soap from spoiling, also. Just read the ingredients. Most of them are in the same ball park, including the DR Bronner

John P.

i have a container of dr. bronner peppermint shave get i'll let go for $5.00 including shipping to the continental u.s. if you'd like to try it...

I have just used the bar soaps and the peppermint and almond are amazing. Leaves me fresh and clean and they smell awesome. You find them at Whole Foods if you have one close to you.

I have just used the bar soaps and the peppermint and almond are amazing. Leaves me fresh and clean and they smell awesome. You find them at Whole Foods if you have one close to you.
I'm a big Doc Bronner fan - I mix up some Peppermint & Lavender gel for a great minty cool shower experience!:em2100:

I am waiting to try out Dr. Bronner's Peppermint bath gel...
all of sudden I am starting to see it everywhere here in the Florida. CVS, Walgreens, Target, Whole Food, Wild Oats & and even Publix...

I got to have it :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Is castille soap another natural alternative?

Not sure how "natural" it is, but I've used Kirk's Castille soap with very good results. I keep a bar of this stuff handy for camping. It's good for bathing and washing hair, so I HAD to try it for shaving as well.

I admit, it's not anything to compare to a true shaving soap, but I was impressed with the qulaity of the lather, NOT bubbles, that I was able to get with this soap. Add that to the general "clean" fragrance of it and it's a very good alternative to a shave soap if you're in a pinch.

- Mark (S-4-C)

From Dr Bronner's website

What does "Castile" mean? Is the bar soap also a castile soap like the liquid? What is the difference between the bar and liquid soaps?

In earlier centuries, an all-vegetable based soap was made in the Castile region of Spain from local olive oil. By the turn of this century, "Castile" had come to mean any vegetable oil-based soap, versus animal (tallow) fat-based soap. "Pure-Castile" is now also your guarantee that what you are using is a real ecological and simple soap, not a complex blend of detergents with a higher ecological impact due to the waste stream during manufacture and slower biodegradability. Unfortunately, many synthetic detergent blends are deceptively labeled as "Liquid Soap" even when they contain absolutely no soap whatsoever.

Both our bar and liquid soaps are pure-castile, as they are all vegetable oil-based. The bar soap wrappers prominently state that they, too, are pure-castile, like our liquid soaps. The difference between the liquid and bar soaps is that the liquid soaps use potassium hydroxide to saponify the vegetable oils, versus sodium hydroxide used to make the hard bar soaps.

However, most of the commercial soaps are not that bad when it comes to avoiding harsh chemicals and weird ingredients that you dont know anything about.

Top Bottom