What's new

The Sweet Scent of NYC…The Road Trip…

Yes the title is correct, well almost. It goes like this. My family has gone away on vacation for three weeks but I have had to stay behind due to deadlines at work that can’t be pushed out.

Anyway, I decided to take a day off (got to take care of yourself you know) and take a ride down to the NYC to see what all the hoopla was about with these guys here praising this B&M store called Cambridge Chemists.
I had looked online and knew I could be in big trouble so I safeguarded myself and only took cash leaving the cards at home (I still have control issues).

I jumped in my truck and off I went. Just about the time I was half way there, a hundred miles one way, I felt the shake and then the dreaded sound of my tire, yep a freakin’ blow out…Well sir, nothing keeps me back when I am on a mission. I changed my tire and pointed the truck south and matted it. I arrived in the city about 10:30 and found a garage to park. (Goggle has awesome directions).

I walked up one block to this B&M and headed in. WOW, this place was awesome, a true big boys candy store. I was amazed at the product this place had, scents, soaps, creams, brushes, man what a joint.

I met the owner, a fine gentlemen named Scott. He was so helpful and willing to tell me all about the lines he had and I have to say, he knew his stuff. This guy was simply awesome. I can’t count the number of things I sniffed in the store, scary.

It was like being in SOTD heaven for sure. About that time a couple guys who happened along and I started chatting a bit, which lead to conversations about shaving and all the goodies staring us in the face. I got to tell ya, these two characters where hilarious. I was having such an awesome time. One fellow suggested a place up the block and so I paid for my GFT (you guys got to try this stuff) and Trumper Violet Soap in a bowl and off we went. Yes sir these guys, strangers (and I mean strange, in a good way..:biggrin:) and I head to this other place. It had much of the same thing so I didn’t pull the trigger on anything there.

I decided to join these fellows for a bite to eat so we popped into a place called Donahue’s Steak House and grabbed a sandwich. Man could these guy talk….:eek:
I just sat back and watched in amazement as they went to town (it was actually very entertaining). Of course I had to chat about B&B so I can only imagine that at some point we might see this guys here. That would be to cool.

After some food and a few laughs, I couldn’t help but go back to see Scott one more time before I left the city. I had planned to pick up some Czech & Speake, Frankincense & Myrrh and so I did. It was 115.00 a bottle but Scott being a wonderful fellow he is and yes a friend to B&B (he knows a bunch of the guys here and actually named a few, to cool), gave me a very nice discount on it. You guys need to visit or check out their website, they do ship and don’t forget to mention B&B.

I said goodbye, loaded my goodies in my truck and headed home. After a nice tour of the city and a visit to the famous 59th street bridge (I got lost…:blushing:) and a battle with rush hour traffic I made it home about 7 PM last night. I took me 4 hours for a 2 hour ride and yes, I was sniffing my goodies all the way home. I wonder what the people in the cars next to me thought..:lol:

Was it worth the trip you ask, I mean a tank of gas at 65.00, parking at 50.00 and 145.00 for a new tire you’d think shipping would have been way less expensive but hey, it sure would not have been near as much fun right!!!!

I hope to do it again in the near future and maybe this time I can get some of you guys from New York and the area to meet there. What do you think?

Here’s a picture of my goodies. In the picture along with the items I purchased while in NYC are some things that I received this week from our friends Jim (Goose) and Bob (johnniegold). You guess rock, thank you so much!!!

If you guys are ever in NYC or feel like taking a road trip, make sure you stop in at Cambridge Chemists because even on a hot, stick, humid, smoggy day in the August, there is a place that smells oh so sweet!!!

proxy.php

I didn't realize that Cambridge Chemists was in NYC. I'll have to go to both Pasteur's and Cambridge while I'm toddling about Lexington in two weeks!

Having been to Cambridge Chemists, I can attest to the validity of this post. They guys that work there are amongst the most knowledgeable for the products they carry, and they are willing to give you a discount on pretty much everything if you mention B&B. I recommend this place with two thumbs up and big ol' smile.

I'm going to have to try and resist picking up a slant while in the city. I keep being tempted by the concept, but I have enough razors that I've been able to resist internet RAD.

But in person... I might be weak.

I didn't realize that Cambridge Chemists was in NYC. I'll have to go to both Pasteur's and Cambridge while I'm toddling about Lexington in two weeks!

Hey, that's the place Pasteur's. I might have bought something there but I was still dreamy eye'd about the Czech & Speake.

I keep thinking about it, what a place....:biggrin:

After seeing the pictures from Darjeeling Express's visit to Pasteurs, I had planned on that stop. Now I'll have to do both!

Nice score Ray! Cambridge (and the Lex. Pasteur's) is on my list for my next trip to NYC (whenever that will be).

That was a trip full of wonderful adventure (except the blow out). Thanks for telling us about it Ray. My next trip to New York I hope to get to visit CC.

Ray if the parking costs so much, how much was lunch?

Jim, Lunch was the cheapest ticket of the day....:lol:

I just got back from the tire shop and of course they recommended I do all four.

The cost of the trip just jumped another 725.86...:frown:

But hell yes I'd do it again...

Now my truck has brandie new sneakers...:biggrin:

Top Bottom