What's new

William's Mug Soap (Powder)

OK, so I was in Walmart last night and picked up a puck of William's Mug Soap. I used to use this stuff exclusively for over 10yrs, but ever since moving to DE's I've been busy trying different creams, soaps, etc. After bringing it home, I realized that I didn't have a mug to put it in. So, I took a look around and finally ended up transfering the remaining Body Shop Shave Cream that I have been using into a smaller container and washed the original Body Shop container for the mug soap.

All seemed well, however, I found the container a bit small for lathering. That's when I remembered seeing (somewhere on the internet) an old advertisement for William's Shaving Powder. Powder, eh??? :tongue_sm I was intrigued by this idea and proceeded to shred my puck of soap with a very fine cheese grater (like what you might use for fresh parmigiana), and put the freshly grated soap back into the Body Shop container.

proxy.php

I had to try out my creation... so I wet my brush and dabbed it into the soap. There was just enough powder to cover the tips of the brush, which I then brough to my lathering bowl. After adding a bit of hot water and a few minutes of whipping, I had more lather than I'd ever need for one shave. :w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm wondering now... does anyone still produce shaving powder??? If it works anything like this, I'd be interested in picking some up. As for now, this will definitely suffice!!!:001_rolle

Happy shaving!

i saw shaving powder at walmart the other day...but it was a powder you mixed with water to make a depilatory for your beard

I saw some powder at walmart the other day but i think it was shaveless powder, IE Nair. You mix it up apply then wipe off after 5-7 mins. So watch out for what you get.

Is it me or does that lather look really bubbly like soap on a wash cloth :001_huh:

It's soap... so, yes, it was bubbly! :tongue_sm But not like on a wash cloth. It was a thicker lather (less than creams of course) and still very slick. It was not thin at all, and was able to form stiff peaks. Shaved great!!! I added a bit to my Body Shop Shaving Cream this morning and got SUPER LATHER!!!!!!!!!!

i saw shaving powder at walmart the other day...but it was a powder you mixed with water to make a depilatory for your beard

Yikes!!!!! :eek:

I've seen a powder at the local Target and CVS. Forget the brand.

Likely, the same depilatory kind.

I was able to find an eBay store which sells 100% Olive Oil Shaving Powder from Greece. I may be tempted to give it a try.

Top Bottom