What's new

My Trial: T&H Ult Comfort vs T&H Lime vs Castle Forbes Lime

The last few days I've been testing Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort vs T&H West Indian Limes vs Castle Forbes Lime.

Technique: At end of shower, in shower, using "fog free mirror". Hot washcloth on face for a bit. Then small amount of cream on hands, rub in hands, apply to face and rub some more. Shave with twin-blade cartridge, one pass Rotated creams and newness of blades across a number of days to give a fair test.

Results:

Best Shave (closeness): T&H West Indian Lime
Best Comfort: T&H Ultimate Comfort
Best Lather & "slickness": Castle Forbes

While all resulted in a satisfactory shave, each had stengths/weaknesses.

Downsides:

T&H W. Indian Lime - A bit of plastic smell. Could have been from the travel tube (well, must have been)

Castle Forbes - Was hard in the tub. Was not "creamy". Rather once you scraped out a small chunk it felt like you had a small piece/slice of a thin bar of hotel soap that had be stuck down in the drain piece while you showered. It was a soft sliver of soap rather than a cream. When rubbed in hands it lathered up - noticeably more so than the other creams. Also much slicker than other creams. But didn't seem to shave quite as close as T&H west ind. lime

Ultimate Comfort - No scent (which is done on purpose, so this really isn't a fair criticism). Surprisingly the lime T&H seemed to give a slightly better shave.

Thanks for that. I like seeing direct comparisons of different creams.

FWIW, I bought a tub of Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes last weekend and I have not found it to have a plastic smell to it at all.

Top Bottom