What's new

Right or Left?

I have noticed that sometimes I have a hard time maintaining the proper angle on the left side of my neck and face (I am right handed). Especially along my adam's apple, since my hait grows E to W and I have to shave horizontally!

So I was just curious, how many of you guys shave the left side of your face with the left hand and the right side with the right?

I switch it up and use the left hand for my left side. Using the right hand blocks the view in the mirror on certain passes. Plus like you say, that horizontal pass on the left side gets a bit difficult using the right hand.

Yes sir I do that. I switch hands depending on the side of my face I am working on. Left hand for left side, and right for right.

At first I primarily used my right hand, but there were certain angles and movements I just couldn't achieve while reaching across my face. I was very nervous my first few shaves using my left, but I'm getting better and after only two months I use my left for my left side and my right for my right side.

But I have ambidexterity in my blood so maybe there are those who won't pick it up as quickly.

I find that the same side is more difficult for me: e.g. using the right hand on the right side of the face is more difficult. I find it easier to get the proper angle on the opposite side.

I can maintin propper blade angle by using mt right hand on the right nad my left hand on the left. I didn't do that this morning and found my Feather to be less than forgiving.

I am part lefty/righty but the whole shave is done with the right hand. right hand is for steadiness. left hand is for power.

right hand only. down around my adams apple, my hair grows horizontal, e-w on left side and w-e on the right side. I cannot shave there completely with the grain. It is more of a mix between xtg and wtg.

Top Bottom