What's new

the wetshave underground

Welcome aboard Pete. The best way to keep this from being an underground movement is to have your latest purchases delivered to your office so that all of your co-workers can ogle your cool stuff. Trust me, some of those guys are going to want to join the movement. The best part for you is that you seem to have an understanding and even possibly enabling wife. Some of the folks here will be a tad jealous.

Welcome aboard Pete. The best way to keep this from being an underground movement is to have your latest purchases delivered to your office so that all of your co-workers can ogle your cool stuff. Trust me, some of those guys are going to want to join the movement. The best part for you is that you seem to have an understanding and even possibly enabling wife. Some of the folks here will be a tad jealous.

Yeah, I've been having the stuff delivered to the office. Some of the guys think I'm crazy, others are curious. I've also been sending out a link to this site to guys who I know have problems with their shaves, bumps and razor burn, sensitive skin etc. My friend Brian said he already uses a brush and soap, is considering a DE, and a guy at my job actually knew about the witch hazel.

My wife is psyched about it. She said, "It's about time", like I've been a boor my whole life. Hmmmm.....

I highly recommend that you visit Enchante if you can make it to Austin. Charles is a great guy and he carries "traditional" shaving products as well as his own line of Method Shaving products. He won't pressure you to buy anything and is incredibly knowledgable about DE shaving. He ran shaving clinics teaching folks how to DE shave for years, before sights like this were around. I'd give him a call or shoot him an email before you make it down there.

Thanks again to everybody for being so welcoming. This is a great site, hard to keep up with all the posts, so thanks for saying hello.

I highly recommend that you visit Enchante if you can make it to Austin. Charles is a great guy and he carries "traditional" shaving products as well as his own line of Method Shaving products. He won't pressure you to buy anything and is incredibly knowledgable about DE shaving. He ran shaving clinics teaching folks how to DE shave for years, before sights like this were around. I'd give him a call or shoot him an email before you make it down there.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. People seem to be annoyed by his writing style but when they talk to him they enjoy his passion for shaving and his personality. So hey, I'm in.

So I have a question. How long does it take for people to shave? I've only been doing this a week or two, so I don't expect to be perfect. I'm wondering about total time from starting up a lather to a/s. So far I'm around a half hour, which I aim's to whittle down.

On a side note, i had this sample of Creed Tabarone that the wife didn't much care for. So I sprayed the whole thing all over my chest and chased her around the apartment while declaring "smell the man, smell the glory". Alright, I'd had a few cocktails, but it was a fun way to get rid of it.

On a side note, i had this sample of Creed Tabarone that the wife didn't much care for. So I sprayed the whole thing all over my chest and chased her around the apartment while declaring "smell the man, smell the glory". Alright, I'd had a few cocktails, but it was a fun way to get rid of it.

:lol::lol::lol: that sounds like something my boyfriend would do! This is the reason I smelled all of the recent samples and only passed on the ones I approved of....muahahaha. Keeping all of the lighter slightly citrus ones for myself!

Thanks again to everybody for being so welcoming. This is a great site, hard to keep up with all the posts, so thanks for saying hello.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. People seem to be annoyed by his writing style but when they talk to him they enjoy his passion for shaving and his personality. So hey, I'm in.

So I have a question. How long does it take for people to shave? I've only been doing this a week or two, so I don't expect to be perfect. I'm wondering about total time from starting up a lather to a/s. So far I'm around a half hour, which I aim's to whittle down.

Firstly, welcome aboard !!. Great to have you. Gents on here eager to help and encourage you; afterall, we are all on the same journey together. There's no turning back. Think you'll find that shaving will now become an eagerly awaited ritual rather than a 3 minute 'pain in the neck' (pun intended). First there's the preshave prep (hot shower, skin debridement, use of proper, hydrating shower soaps or body wash, hair conditioner to beard; then, setting up shave equipment, picking out brush, razor, blade, cream/soap of the day. Then the art of lather making and applying; then the long awaited shave with 3 (more or less) passes, blade buffing, J-hooking, etc; then the warm and cold rinse; then the face evaluation; then the aftershave balm. then the blessed faceturbating...oh!! the faceturbating for hours afterwards when BBS shave is attained; then the attention from wife (reborn after 41 years of marriage). then the anticipation of the next shave, wishing the whiskers could only grow faster. It is, indeed, a calming soothing, 'man' ritual to be drawn out and savored. It is the testosterone equivalent to a woman's languishing bubble bath. (Afterall, we deserve some self-pampering, also). Then there is the added benefits of younger-looking, well-hydrated, face, calmer, more relaxed disposition, a 'whistle while you work' day that rubs off on those around you. I could go on and on. (Oh !!...and the fun hours spent treasure hunting to satisfy all those Acquisition Disorders which you will acquire whether you like it or not!). Then there's the hours spent learning/interacting on B&B. It is, indeed a journey to far away lands. But I digress...my RITUAL before the shaving shrine usually last about 45 minutes. It's time well spent which I eagerly await. So, again, welcome aboard and enjoy the journey with us. Come here often and ask, ask, ask. That's how we have all learned and continue to learn. Remember, there is no such thing as a 'dumb question'. A day spent without learning something new is a day wasted.
-John

Don't do it man. I usually take between 35-45 minutes, if I am doing it right (shower included), and its time very well spent. Part of the fun of this to me is that shaving is not a chore to be rushed through anymore.

Top Bottom