What's new

Did your Father teach you to shave?

Did your Father teach you to shave?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, my father just gave me his old electric. My younger brother teached me to shave (he used a 2-blade cartridge). I remember him saying: you should be teaching me instead of the other way around (me being 4 years older, that would have been the more logical thing).

no
self taught
dad opened an electric razor repair center, and i scored a new electric free from him, and used it up until a few months ago when i found this place.

no real bad habits to unlearn

Dad wasn't always a real "involved" type, but he did teach me how to lather up and shave . . . with canned foam and a Trac II, iirc.

None of those childhood "watching Daddy shave" moments, though. He didn't get around to it until Mom noticed I was sprouting whiskers. In all fairness, being 1/4 Tsilagi he didn't start shaving until his second year of college, and it probably never occurred to him I'd need to at 14!

NANP™

He tried; I tried to follow what he said but soon drifted into Electricland.

His advice was N/S only (gave me an old DE of his), after a few years I could try S/N. As with so many things, only now that he's gone do I understand what he was getting at.

B&B taught me :smile:

Same as some here - Electric for christmas one year.
(although I do remember when I was much younger, perhaps 5, going to town with his canned foam :biggrin:)

I can recall risisng some days to shave my non-existent whiskers when I was very young, using canned goo and a cartridgeless razor of an unknown kind. Other than that, my first real shave was, in fact, performed upon me by my mother :eek: using a M3 and more canned goo. I remember being hugely disapointed at the abysmal quality thereof.

My Dad showed me how to shave with a single bladed bic, boar brush and cheap hand soap (what he used to use, now he has a beard) and then bought me an electric when my sheer laziness meant I wasn't shaving (I sported a beard for most of high school and early uni as well.

However now I'm in a job that requires me to be clean shaven so I struggled on with a mach3 and goo for the last year but eventually finding this place when I read somewhere that a single blade was easier on the face.

No. wasn't interested.
Taught my self incorrectly, in those days there were only public libraries.
"Google" and Mantic's videos taught me how to shave correctly.

Top Bottom