What's new

America's Choice Blades

I was at the A&P this afternoon, and strolling by the shave section saw two lonely 10 packs of double edge razor blades at $1.48.

The back of the package said "Made in Korea" so I am guessing these are Dorcos? FYI - the great state of New Jersey has deemed razor blades to be a non essential item therefore they are taxed.:w00t:

Anyway, I'll be trying these later this week, or early next. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these that come with the nifty plastic blade slide out dispenser and space for used blades below?

I have used them. They shave similar to Dorcos in my opinion, but I'm unsure if they are identical in quality or lack thereof.

-Clarke

I was at the A&P this afternoon, and strolling by the shave section saw two lonely 10 packs of double edge razor blades at $1.48.

The back of the package said "Made in Korea" so I am guessing these are Dorcos? FYI - the great state of New Jersey has deemed razor blades to be a non essential item therefore they are taxed.:w00t:

Anyway, I'll be trying these later this week, or early next. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these that come with the nifty plastic blade slide out dispenser and space for used blades below?

Wow, that's much nicer that the $3.79 that Kmart charges.

I'm sure they are Dorcos.

Family Dollar also has the generic "Made in Korea" blades at 5 for $1... I didn't care for them, but I've not used the Dorcos, so I can't compare. They're probably at least made by the same company, right?

Family Dollar also has the generic "Made in Korea" blades at 5 for $1... I didn't care for them, but I've not used the Dorcos, so I can't compare. They're probably at least made by the same company, right?

It's not unthinkable that there's more than one razor blade concern in Korea. And they (Dorco or whoever) could have a "medical" and a "bargain" line too. Just because American Personnas suck doesn't mean that ASR doesn't make better blades.

Maybe Krawlx could give us some insight?

Oh, and while we're at it -- what do North Koreans shave with? Do they get their razors from China, maybe?

Top Bottom