What's new

Difference between Tabac aftershave and cologne

Hi

I love the scent of Tabac Original Aftershave. Is it any different to Tabac Original cologne? Anyone who has compared these?

Cheers
Szoze

J

Jarmo P

I have also only Tabac Original After Shave Lotion. And like it too.
Then there is Gran Valor Tabac series that is quite new, that has splash and EdT and deodorant. And have been quite thinking of trying the EdT, but so far no reviews of it in B&B.

Cologne is a little sweeter, more floral. EdT is horrible and totally different IMHO. best of the bunch is by far the AS: manly, leathery,...

Thanks guys. I bought some Tabac shave soap today. Have to test it tomorrow. Smells nice, like the aftershave. I sincerely hope that it won't irritate my skin.

I have never tried both, but the consensus is that the EDC smell better and more like the soap. Bummer I got the EDT and I rarely use it :frown:

I am no expert on scents, but IMHO, the after shave, soap and Cologne are almost dead ringers. There might be some small difference between the three but if there is, they blend so well with each other I can not tell the difference. If I use the AS with out the soap and EDC, like today, all I notice is a less Tabac influence in my aroma. I have not tried the EDT version of Tabac, many say it is different and I will have to agree.

just read your post John, when I use my EDC, it lasts all day. A guy up at work bought it after smelling it on me. he says the women love it when he wears it.

I use the aftershave and, when I decided to get a matching "cologne", bought the EDT spray for potential lasting power. It does last all day. It does not, at least initially, smell like the aftershave. The EDT is initially a blast of bitterness, but it soon calms down to what essentially smell like my Tide-washed clothes just coming out of the drier, and then last all day though without much sillage. My wife says she loves the scent, but not sure if she means the aftershave or the EDT. Need to run an test to find out!

Just conducted the test. My wife likes the aftershave, NOT the EDT!! I put some AS on one arm; she sniffed and said she liked it. I sprayed some EDT on the other arm; she winced and I won't say what she said!! Now I have clearance to order the EDC!!!

Top Bottom