What's new

Sandalwood Similar to Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food

I love the smell of Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food. I'm looking to purchase a Sandalwood Cologne as close to this scent as possible. Any suggestions, B&B?

Thanks!

Trumper's Sandalwood EDT ?
Assuming the Skin Food actually smells like the EDT...it should, right?

I picked up a 95% full bottle from a feller here and I loooove how it smells.

Trumper's Sandalwood EDT ?
Assuming the Skin Food actually smells like the EDT...it should, right?

I picked up a 95% full bottle from a feller here and I loooove how it smells.

Hehe... that's what I was thinking. Though I hear Trumper's colognes don't last very long. I guess I'm looking for something longer lasting and slightly less expensive.

Welllll.... YMMV, but I got the Trumper's Sandalwood because it lasts FOREVER on me. One spray and I'm good to go!

Hehe... that's what I was thinking. Though I hear Trumper's colognes don't last very long. I guess I'm looking for something longer lasting and slightly less expensive.

You might want to look into buying Trumper's sample pack. I don't know how much they cost now, though. I think they raised their prices a hair after hundreds of crazy B&B'ers flooded them with sample requests several months ago.

But like I said, it lasts forever on me. Many of the reviews here say the same thing.

You might want to look into buying Trumper's sample pack. I don't know how much they cost now, though. I think they raised their prices a hair after hundreds of crazy B&B'ers flooded them with sample requests several months ago.

But like I said, it lasts forever on me. Many of the reviews here say the same thing.

I already got their sample pack. Unfortunately, I didn't receive sandalwood cologne. I got Ajaccio Violets, Spanish Leather, Eau de Quinine, Curzon, Wellington, and Lavender Water. I also managed to obtain two samples of rose shaving cream. What are the odds?

No Sandalwood?! That SUCKS!

Tell me about it. I really wanted to get almond and sandalwood shaving creams (would have been happy with those instead of the two rose creams :p - SCS Savory Rose and QED Wild Rose are much better in my opinion) as well. I think I saw a C.O. Bigelow that had some of the Trumper's Creams on display in the city. I'm going to head down there this weekend and see if I can score some shaving cream samples.

Egoiste Chanel. Quite similar to the sandalwood EDT.

I'll be on the lookout for it! Thanks!

Beast has generously provided me with a sample of Trumper's Sandalwood. While I wait for it to come in the mail I'll ask another question:

Does anyone have any experience with the SCS Sandalwood?

I love the smell of Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food. I'm looking to purchase a Sandalwood Cologne as close to this scent as possible. Any suggestions, B&B?

Thanks!

I'm wearing the Trumper's Sandalwood EdT today, and I can still smell it after 6 hours applied. I think it's an excellent match for the skin food (which I also used today).

Just to add to what's already been said--the Sandalwood EdC lasts a good long time on me and layers very well with the skin food (and the cream if you have it too).

I can't help you with finding a cheaper alternative, though. :frown:

Uhm. Yes. YES, I am a Sandalwood fiend.

I found the SCS sandalwood to be WAY too strong, too sweet, too perfumey, and irritating to the eyes/lungs/set off allergies, headaches, etc.

It is MUCH cheaper (price-wise) but I would not even begin to compare it to an Art of Shaving or Trumper's Sandalwood.

Just my opinion, though.

I'll be on the lookout for it! Thanks!

Beast has generously provided me with a sample of Trumper's Sandalwood. While I wait for it to come in the mail I'll ask another question:

Does anyone have any experience with the SCS Sandalwood?

When you get the samples, I think you'll see. Hopefully the Trumper Sandalwood will exceed your expectations. After experimenting with too many "affordable" alternatives to the fragrances I REALLY want, I've stopped. Better to set aside the dough for something you really want than to basically waste money on a lesser product that fails to meet your expectations, IMHO.

I have four or five different Sandalwoods. SCS and Arden just don't do it for me, not at all. They were both around $12 or so. I got a screaming deal on the almost-full bottle of Trumpers ($35!!!) and paid right around $70 for the Art Of Shaving. Neither of these make my head hurt or make me sneeze like the other two do, and they both just...smell...SO...GOOD!

When you get the samples, I think you'll see. Hopefully the Trumper Sandalwood will exceed your expectations. After experimenting with too many "affordable" alternatives to the fragrances I REALLY want, I've stopped. Better to set aside the dough for something you really want than to basically waste money on a lesser product that fails to meet your expectations, IMHO.

I have four or five different Sandalwoods. SCS and Arden just don't do it for me, not at all. They were both around $12 or so. I got a screaming deal on the almost-full bottle of Trumpers ($35!!!) and paid right around $70 for the Art Of Shaving. Neither of these make my head hurt or make me sneeze like the other two do, and they both just...smell...SO...GOOD!

I can't wait for the samples to arrive. I guess I'll be on the lookout for a bottle of Trumpers on b/s/t

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Top Bottom