What's new

Acquistions July 28 - August 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here are the packages I have been waiting for. There are some very interesting razors that I will be posting some questions about in the Safety Razor section!

Well here are the packages I have been waiting for. There are some very interesting razors that I will be posting some questions about in the Safety Razor section!

So yeah, I'd be an unmarried man in no time with a collection like that. Still, bravo :thumbup:

Great Haul. I see some rockets and even a wilkinson sticky!

So yeah, I'd be an unmarried man in no time with a collection like that. Still, bravo :thumbup:

Well - It's funny you say that. My wife and I were discussing/arguing about her going on a cruise with her girlfriends. Now she's going on the cruise.

Nice score! Did you buy them from a former collector or something?

Yes - I did. I purchased some razors off of Ebay and when I received the package there was a note asking me if I would be interested in buying his Grandfather's razor collection. :w00t: So I did!!!

D

doleeo

full

A combo of last week and this weeks score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got lucky on ebay. I've been looking for a nice W&B, but have been outbid, or just didn't see what I wanted. Took a flyer on some so-so photos and came up with a gem. 15/16ths quarter hollow barber notch with unique engraving. I really don't think the blade has seen a hone. I've polished with MAAS. Some small, minor pits on the reverse of the blade. Bone handles, I think, with no damage. All I need is to hone and use.:biggrin:

For $1.50 + shipping, I won a fatboy and slim on ebay. I can tell from the pic that they have some serious gunk build up and need some serious cleaning, but for $7.80 shipped!!? Here was the item title. "Gillette Speedrazor - Vintage/Old - Set of 2!!!"

This showed up in my mailbox a couple of days ago:w00t:. Zero plating loss to razor, blade case, and razor case. If it was ever used, it must have been only a couple of times. Just used a little dish soap and a soft cloth to clean. The lining was dusty though, but it too cleaned up very nicely. It sure would be nice to live in a time when hotels (and other establishments) gave out nice items like this in appreciation of your business...unfortunately for us, we live in a disposable world.

Picked this up a few weeks back off of the bay (thanks VR6ofpain for the heads up). It was a birthday gift from my wife to replace my gold/brass NEW. A beautiful razor that gives a great shave - I think this is my favorite razor.

Picked this up a few weeks back off of the bay (thanks VR6ofpain for the heads up). It was a birthday gift from my wife to replace my gold/brass NEW. A beautiful razor that gives a great shave - I think this is my favorite razor.

Congrats, that is a beautiful razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom