What's new

Acquistions July 28 - August 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great scores everyone.

I haven't been buying much lately as I've got way too much and am now stuck on buying lenses for my camera.

Anyway....

Ray, who makes that soap in the white container (very front) in your picture?

Thanks.

Enjoy your stuff everyone.

Patrick

full

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had three days holiday:
Day One - spotted an antique shop, went hunting, found one perfect crisp and minty double ring rocket in a case with 1955 blade pack. My fourth HD rocket but easily the best.
Day Two - found a tiny Laurel Boudoir razor that my wife decided to buy and now has a mild dose of RAD. Remembered the scene in North by North West.
Day Three - found the tiny Laurel's grown up counterpart - a made in sheffield open comb three piece with a tech thread nice and shiny. How did that happen - that we buy the tiny one and the next shop we go in has the full size one?
Three days, three shops, three (cheap) razors!
A pic of the Laurels:
proxy.php

Hello all,
I took my wife to the Canton Trade Days today to look around and see what they had. Some friends of ours had told us about it and we were curious to look around. While I was hoping to possibly find a few razors, which I did, I wasn't expecting to find this! This beauty wasn't so beautiful when I picked up the case. The handle had all kinds of gunk on it as did the head. The case was pretty worn and the mirror was shot. I could tell that there were a few tiny spots where the plating was gone. The silo doors looked more like "battleship grey" than mirror finish. I was debating buying it (the vendor wanted $32 dollars for it) when the vendor approached me. He said he would throw in some blades (he had twenty or so packs of old blades) if I wanted the razor. I told him the blades weren't the problem, but the missing plating was giving me reason to reconsider buying it. He said he understood and then promptly said he would take $25 for it because of the blemishes. Well, I figured for $25 dollars, it was worth a shot. When I got home, I put the razor soaking, cleaned her up real good with a toothbrush, and polished her up with MAAS (that stuff works wonders I tell ya) and voila, my very own Executive. Is she perfect? No, not quite. She has some spots of brassing on the handle (can't really see it), is missing both end caps (until I do a transplant that is), and one door is just a tad loose (but not when a blade is loaded). Overall, I am very pleased with the $25 dollars I spent. Finding this razor today kinda made finding the 19 yesterday seem not so spectacular. Just thought I'd share.

BJ

Here's the haul for the week with two days left!

Almost the whole haul, including Carborundum combo #108 stone, OS mug, Fatboy case, eight assorted Super Speeds, two Slims, four Super Adjustables, two News, two Techs, a Knack, a Lady and a Vibrating Live Blade Stahly!
proxy.php

Pretty much a mint 1967 Slim. Original case, blades (full) and instruction sheet. May never have been used.
proxy.php

Odds and ends.
proxy.php

Mint Tech in case, nice 1936 Red and Black New in case, vibrating Gold Stahly Live Blade in upright case (never seen one of these cases before) and another nice gold New.
proxy.php

Carl Monkhouse (C-Mon) straight.
proxy.php

Guido,
Nice lot! Did you find them at the same place or at different stores, towns, etc...? I picked found a nice group razors as well (19 razors) on Thursday, 13 of the razors came from a picture frame display in the antique store.

BJ

My new to me 1926 Bostonian. Maas took care of the heavy silver tarnish giving me an as new razor. It goes in rotation today.

full

A few goodies acquired this week. :001_smile

An Executive I would have absolutely no problem calling mint, A nice Schick Imperial type E Injector with a really neat Bakelite handle that has some cool transparent marbling, a 1957 tan tip :biggrin: that is in excellent condition, a few packs of blades including two 2 packs of Krona Chromes!, A brass GEM Micro-Matic that was in awful condition but cleaned up spectacularly, A GEM G-bar, a classy brass/copper NEW and a couple Tech's a Ranger and ball end.

proxy.php

Went junking today and found plenty of junk and two Techs for a few bones. The notched gold has some plating loss around the ball end but the head is fine. The other ball end is in okay shape with a steel handle.
full

full

full

My humble addition:

While going through some old boxes, my wife came across her late father's Adjustable Aristocrat aka gold slim. It is in near-new condition, G3 date code, and I will be adding it to my rotation tomorrow. Looking forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom