What's new

Preparing for my first Shave

Well guys tonight I pick up that DE blade from my friend its M38C.

I am a bit nervous and anxious; I wish I could fast forward the rest of of this day and press the pause button just before I start to shave tonight... I believe I have everything I need for my first shave... I think

1. DE Razor MC38
2. AOS Badger Brush
3. Left over Lab series shaving cream
4. LS aftershave

What do you think guys did I miss anything? I will start wet shaving when I run out of product I still have AOS shaving cream tub waiting for me.

Patiently waiting :001_smile

Your kit looks fine. I am not familiar with Lab Series, but I am sure I would have heard if it was bad.

the big thing I think, for the guy just going to a DE is that when they say apply no pressure, they really mean it. It is hard to shift from mashing the razor to your face as you do with a cartrige to the very light touch needed with a DE. I am guessing you have looked at the tutorials and watched Mantic's videos. If not it is definately worth the time.

Good luck.

Yup I have seen all of Mantic's videos and I will watch them again today before I start to shave. My new routine is to shave right after I shower and I have been shaving every night. I will make a mental note and try no to apply any pressure. :biggrin:

Here a question after I shave do I leave the blade in? do I soak the razor in rubbing alcohol for cleaning?

Here a question after I shave do I leave the blade in? do I soak the razor in rubbing alcohol for cleaning?

Some soak the razor and blade in alcohol, but im pretty sure most of us dont. Just leave the blade where it is, unless you have crazy water it shouldnt rust up on you overnight.

After the shave just give it a good rinse and let it dry. The razor will collect soap residue over time, but rubbing alcohol every time seems like overkill. Just use an old toothbrush and some elbow grease every so often and it shines right back up.

Scrubbing Bubbles applied to the razor inside a sandwich bag is a trick I picked up here and it works nicely.

Your kit looks good. Two things to remember- go slow and don't forget to breathe (it will help keep your hands from shaking on that first pass)

Well folks it arrived my MC38 it's a beauty
I can't wait to go home and get the inauguration into DE shaving party started
:w00t:

Just take it easy and don't rush your shave. If I recall, Lab Series is made by Aramis, so your cream and AS should be ok.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
It's like learning to ride a bike. No matter how much you prepare there is no substitute for just getting on and riding. Sure, you'll fall a few times, but you'll get up and be the better for it.

using merkur...
I have a kit from West Coast coming in soon

check this out

proxy.php

WOW

Guys I am really speechless

it is 1:02AM Eastern Standard Time...
I finished about 15 minutes ago... I took my time, I made straight passes around my face. finished in about 20 minutes with one minor nick in the bottom of chin. The little nick reminded me to focus on my form and technique. I was so inspired by such a great shave that I decided to try my head....

:biggrin::biggrin:Success :biggrin::biggrin:

I realize Merkur blades are great but I desire a closer and smoother shave so I will wait to see what the westcoast sample pack has to offer.

I am really upset I didn't discover this sooner :mad3:

Either way I will like to thank you all for taking the time to help me out...
I promised myself I wouldn't cry...
:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom