What's new

Contest for a Nice Starter Set PIF'd Free!

Well, I’m starting to dial in on exactly what products, razors, and brushes work for me and which one’s I just like more than others. What this means is that I have a LOT of stuff that I’ve tried. I haven’t really used anything I’ve absolutely hated, but I just like some things better than others. Soooooo, I’ve decided to start thinning out my stash a little bit.

Part of that is for me to give back a little bit to someone just starting out, just like some of you were kind enough to do for me. In the spirit of all the helpful and generous people on B&B, I’m going to PIF a nice starter set to someone absolutely free of charge and I’ll pay shipping anywhere. :badger: The set includes: A mint Tech razor (a fantastic starter razor), a C&E Best Badger Brush (used for a couple weeks until I got my Chubby 2), AOS Lavender AS Balm and AOS Lavender Pre-shave oil (both about ½ full), a ¾ full tube of Body Shop For Men Shaving Cream, a ½ full bottle of Lavender Witch Hazel (I love this stuff, but switched to Cucumber Witch Hazel), a teak wood bowl of AOS Lavender soap, a blade bank from Em’s Place, and a great variety of blades to sample.

To win this set, here’s all you have to do to and who is eligible:

1. Be new to B&B within the last two months
2. Have less than 30 posts
3. Be someone who honestly could use this set (I’ll trust your integrity)
4. Promise to give back to someone (in your own way) once you find your shave routine and set up. (And I will watch for that!)
5. Be the first to answer 5 (okay really 7) easy questions IN ONE REPLY POST (get your google fingers ready)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, here’s the questions. NO HELP YOU B&B REGULARS!! Please post your answers here and don’t PM me okay. First one that meets the criteria above and answers the questions correctly IN ONE REPLY POST wins!!

1. What do the following people have in common? (be specific)
Jimmy Stewart, Sinbad, Boxcar Willie, George Carlin, Johnny Cash, Harry Chapin, Morgan Freeman, Marvin Gaye, Chuck Norris, Greg Popovich, and Robin Quivers?

2. In honor of the great news that SMOKE’S Dad is going to be okay, and to pay tribute to his Navy service:
a. Name the first Navy ship named after an Enlisted man.
b. What year was the ship launched?
c. Tell us a little about this individual and what he did to earn such an honor.

3. Name 7 Army Generals that later became President of the United States.

4. The Marine Corps motto is Semper Fidelis or Semper Fi. What does this Latin Phrase translate to?

5. On September 4, 1945, something happened on board the Coast Guard Cutter 83-434, which was unique in military history. What was it?

What are you waiting for!!?? First one in that meets the criteria and answers the 5 simple questions correctly wins all this!!: :jump:

I'll check back tomorrow night for a winner. Good luck and thank you to all the kind people on this board that helped me on my way. I'm glad I stumbled in!!

1. All US Airmen

2. Osmond Ingram (DD 255). It was launched 28 Feb 1919. Ingram was the first enlisted man killed in action in World War I, lost when the destroyer Cassin (DD 43) was torpedoed in October 1917.

3. George Washington, Andrew Jackson, William Henry Harrison, Franklin Pierce, Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B.Hayes, James Garfield

4. Always faithful.

5. On September 4, 1945, USCG 83434 became the first and only Coast Guard cutter to host an official surrender ceremony when Imperial Japanese Army Second Lieutenant Kinichi Yamada surrendered the garrison of Aguijan Island on board the cutter. U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Marshall R. Greer accepted the surrender for the United States.

1 all were in air force
2Osmond Ingram ,28 Feb 1919,Ingram was the first enlisted man killed in action in World War I
3.Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison and Dwight D. Eisenhower,George Washington ,Andrew Jackson, Franklin Pierce
4Always faithful
5 first and only cutter to host an official surrender ceremony to japenese

Scott,

Ok, I was googling and copy/pasting so furiously that I forgot to state the most obvious (and I say this even if I've botched it and someone else gets to be the lucky recipient) ...

OMG!!! This is an amazing thing you're doing. I am so overwhelmed by the gracious generosity of this community. You guys are really great and I look forward to giving back (or forward) to this group soon. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Jack

WOW.. very generous... and, knowing the winner, I can say that this will be used with joy and thankfulness... Way to go, Scott!
Wayne

Good lord - that truly is a shockingly generous offer. I think I'm a little late to the party, but I'll toss in just in case.

1. All either served as military airmen prior to the USAF's creation in 1947 (eg. Stewart), or served in the USAF in various capacities (eg. Freeman's service as a mechanic).

2. The USS Osmond Ingram, launched 28 Feb 1919, named for Gunner’s Mate First Class Ingram, the first American casualty of WWI. Seeing a torpedo fired by a German Sub racing toward his ship, he rushed to jettison the ship's ammunition to prevent an even larger explosion, and was blown overboard when the torpedo struck. Posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions.

3. Washington, Grant, Eisenhower, Jackson, Harrison, Taylor, and Hayes.

4. Always Faithful.

5. The first and only Coast Guard cutter to host an official surrender ceremony when Imperial Japanese Army Second Lieutenant Kinichi Yamada surrendered the garrison of Aguijan Island on board the cutter. U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Marshall R. Greer accepted the surrender for the United States. Rather interesting, actually, as the official conclusion of WWII is usually marked on August 15th, when the Japanese Instrument of Surrender was signed.

Again, fantastically kind of you, USAF CMSgt - and congratulations to the recipient!

Top Bottom