What's new

Gillette 7'OClock blade types, Super Stainless vs Permasharp vs Super Platinum

I am looking to buy some 7Oclock blades or perhaps even trade for a 100 derbys but some information is required before I do so. I need more advice from someone who knows more about these blades.
I have heard that one type is made in Russia, the other in India, both are apparently very good, but which ones are better?

I am looking for the sharpest and smoothest in this brand name.
Let the discussion begin!

I've tried

Russian Green and Russian Yellow

They feel pretty similar, but at this point, I think I prefer the green.

The green is smooth and sharp. It goes downhill bigtime after the 3rd shave though.

I highly recommend it. Forumite AaronX loves the green, and he has a thicker beard than I do.:biggrin:

I've only used the greens and they are sharp and smooth, but as was posted when they're done, that's it. Only blade I've ever changed in the middle of a shave.

According to Jason (dridiot), the yellow is the same blade with a coating.

I did not know Gillette blades other than Swedes were any good! I tried the Swede again today, and well, it worked. The last one I used was not too good. This was a sampler blade, but it seems that there is always one bad blade in a pack of 5.

I do research in India and so am able to pick up some of the Indian made Permasharp Stainless (the Indian version of Green) and Super Platinum blades. Others here might have had different experiences, but I can't tell the difference from the Russian made blades and have been quite happy with them.

Top Bottom