What's new

First superlather~

In addition to more copious samples, a recent order from Shaving Essentials included a "snurdle" of Valobra Crema de Sapone Menthol. I scored a cool footed bowl at World Market yesterday for $2.99, so today I decided to give myself a real "weekend shave" and loaded a vintage Aramis Devin pure badger brush (came with a shaving mug, and scrubbier looking than my other pure badger, a Caswell-Massey) with Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint before whipping the Valobra into lather.

It took a little work to break the Valobra down, but man oh man was it worth the effort! Once I got a nice thick "peaky" lather going in the bowl I continued the lathering on my face and just generated piles and piles of the stuff. :thumbup1:

'52 Gillette SS, 2nd day on a blue IP. Last one I used was already toast by the second day, but this time, with this lather, it was smooth as silk . . . so smooth, and with so much lather going, that I just couldn't stop and did a full 4 pass shave: WTG, 2 XTG in opposite directions, and a final ATG. Got BBS everywhere, even the two little problem spots on my neck where I usually hold back a bit to avoid irritation.

Had enough lather left for at least 4 more passes, but didn't have any more whiskers to shave, lol. Finished off the menthol/mint theme with AV Ice Blue. Face feels terrific!

NANP™

Top Bottom