What's new

My New Hinckels Str8

I recently bought a J.A. Henckels Str8 Razor on this BB from Tstebins8, I have to say I am really pleased with the deal.
the Straight razor IMHO is in excellent condition, and the price was more than fair. Telly you are very generous man.

Anyway....As soon as I got a chance this evening, I sat down with the Razor, I did a little polish to the metal, then I Sonic cleaned it, followed by a complete re-honing.
It came pretty sharp, But by Telly's admission it was not quite Shave ready.
So I started back to a 4k stone, then to a 8k stone, finished with a 12k stone, by now this razor is ready to go. I tested it out on what hair is left on my lower leg...LOL.
the hair was coming off with ease.

Now I am ready for the Stropping.
I Have a T Miller Strop, So I did 50 or so laps on the cloth side, and then 50 or so laps on the leather.
I gave it another test shave, and the hair flys off with ease.
Well I am now ready for the actual shave test, that will come in the morning, I am confident that it will be a pleasurable experience. The Razor is well balanced in my hands, the blade is super sharp now, and all I need is a good nite sleep, wake up, and let er Rip...well maybe not the best words...LOL.

Anyway...I wanted to brag a little about my new Razor, and I wanted to give credit to Telly for offering a wonderful Razor at a great price, that was very cool.

Robert

Thanks for the Speelling correction...lol..
I did fix it..:biggrin:

Well I did shave it this am. And it is a very nice shaver. Smooth, sharp, easy to use, I stayed with WTG shave this time around...Still left me with a wonder shave, no pulling or dragging of the whiskers, no razor burn.

Robert

Robert,

Congrats on an extremely nice str8 and very honest sale from Telly. Telly's offerings are always very reasonable and he's a man of his word.

Sharp looking razor(pun intended). I have a few razors from Telly, and his offerings are always top notch. My Henckels are some of my best shavers. Congrats.

I just found one today.. same deal a little polish a little hone and a awesome razor. This is before the buff and hone.

Just by curiosity, what is the model (the number) of your razor?
My Henckels 60 is so much alike yours. The only difference I can tell is the twins logo in my scales have a red background, while yours is white.

Oh yea.. the Pictures. :w00t:

It has a 70 1/2 stamped on the monkey tail/tang

I have to be honest, I don't know if it is the model Number, or what.

I have showed it around and people want to buy from me, my barber wants it....Oh it is nice to have it, and they don't LOL....:biggrin:

It has a 70 1/2 stamped on the monkey tail/tang

I have to be honest, I don't know if it is the model Number, or what.

I have showed it around and people want to buy from me, my barber wants it....Oh it is nice to have it, and they don't LOL....:biggrin:

One of my Henckels Friodur razors has this marking also. Mine is approx. 7/8" NOS when I got it. They are good shavers, regardless of if you get the stainless or carbon versions. I've yet to have a decent shape Henckels not be an excellent shaver.

John P.

Top Bottom